Tomahawk 12-24-15

Attak man

Well...we just missed having a "brown christmas"...as we received just over two inches of snow...so we actually have some snow on the ground, and it finally looks and feels more like winter around here...currently it's 24 degrees and it's been cloudy all day....so maybe we can start building some ice....AND (the real reason I posted)...Snow is in the forecast!!!...nws is now saying 4 plus inches Saturday...and more measureable snow Monday into tuesday...with cooler temps...maybe things are gonna turn around...keep your fingers crossed....and MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY!!!! THINK COLD AND SNOW!!! BETTER LATE THAN NEVER!!!

ryanslyne

Let's hope it gets going! Maybe late start = late finish!? Haha well at least you guys get a white Christmas up there. Hoping it turns for the good for my trip in next couple weeks. Take care/ thanks for the report and merry Christmas.

RS

Attak man

Thanks guys...I plan on taking some photos if this next round of snow hits tonight into tomorrow...and keeping a close eye on the storm for early next week...nws isn't sure of the track yet...but it has potential to be decent (4-8 plus incher)....we could have close to a foot of snow by the end of next week...doesn't help with the lakes..but I will take it st this point

liv2ride

I know it's pretty awesome to get a big storm but with all the warm temps this month...is there any ice on the lakes? Couple inches?

Attak man

Not much ice unfortunately....I was told two inches in the bays....the ice is not safe and probably won't be for awhile.....not much we can...the heavy snow is coming...which will not help the lakes, rivers and swamps...as it stands the businesses up here have lost out on their busiest time of the year...even if the snow hits...there's no guarantee trails will open...lots of open swamps, rivers, and lakes...just a poor start to the season.