Tomahawk area

Hoosier

Will be interested to hear also. Looking at heading up somewhere on Saturday. I know it got a bit warm over this past weekend but the forecast looks fine going forward.

Rode the Tomahawk area Friday-Saturday. On Friday the trails west to the Willow area were very good. On Saturday, trails were very good except for the Bearskin north of Hwy K - which is normal due to the very heavy traffic. Did see a crash Sat AM in the "rock garden" section of the Bearskin - hope that woman is OK. Another rider off the trail farther north on the Bearskin - she may have gotten bounced off the trail exiting a bridge crossing - it was rough. Trails NE to Lake Tomahawk on Saturday were great. Plenty of snow, but road trails are starting to get thin, but still very rideable. If you stay off the main trails (Bearskin) later in the day you'll find great riding. The clubs are doing a great job grooming.

jknoup

I was in Tomahawk from Wednesday 2/23 until Friday night 2/25. Trails around Tomahawk are thin. The Hiawatha / Bearskin is really thin from Tomahawk north to County K. Your wear rods will drag the entire time you are on that section of trail. The best riding I found was in Price Co. Everything out that way was really nice. The Willow area was good as well, but not as good as Price Co. I would skip Tomahawk and stay Northwest of there.

wisco-mb

I rode Tomahawk on Saturday. We left from park and ride on 51/S. Road south, but then turned north/west at highway 64. Went up to Tim's Hill. Very good snow in those areas. Later in the days, noticed just a couple south facing hills low on snow. Since south and west, there might have been lower traffic compared to North of Tomahawk.

pclark

I was in Tomahawk from Wednesday 2/23 until Friday night 2/25. Trails around Tomahawk are thin. The Hiawatha / Bearskin is really thin from Tomahawk north to County K. Your wear rods will drag the entire time you are on that section of trail. The best riding I found was in Price Co. Everything out that way was really nice. The Willow area was good as well, but not as good as Price Co. I would skip Tomahawk and stay Northwest of there.
Agree with this report, Price will be very good still, Saturday was 30 and sunny, lost a little, stay away from areas that run roads for trails. Get back in the woods where there is still plenty of snow and you will be fine.