Tomahawk/Oneida County 12/24

attakman

We are still working on trails.....Knight Owls was still looking for volunteers to help remove downed trees, and brush (south of Tomahawk/Irma area)..if you can help...message the trail boss on their facebook page. Snow is rather thin here...hoping we get some sunday. .. So we are kind of in a holding pattern (the county will make a decision probably after this weekend, I'll post it here as soon as we can)

The good news is we are making good ice on the area lakes, and some clubs are starting to mark the lakes...we are finding 10 plus inches of good ice in most spots that were checked. ....remember, when the trails open... if a lake is not marked the club does not consider it rideable/safe. (ice is NEVER safe)

the only other problem, other than getting the storm damage cleaned up is the swamps/wet areas...after the melt down, some of the swamps/wet area, which had low water levels, and were starting to freeze...have suddenly filled with water, and it's been tougher getting those areas packed down to freeze up...so watch for that when out riding...might take a couple more weeks to get those areas up to snuff.

All we need now is snow, and it won't take much to have decent riding conditions...so keep those snow dances coming!!

Merry Christmas....and hopefully see you on the trails soon

attakman

Nothing official on Oneida County yet...as soon as they release...I will post that here.
We did receive between 4 and 5 inches of snow (good wet heavy stuff too), and we are expecting another 2 to 4 inches Tuesday afternoon through Wednesday morning. Trails should be decent just in time for new years.
Our club is marking Lake Nokomis today

ddhanna

269985603_4666602226708240_7480575104918562614_n.jpg

attakman

Here is the latest from Lincoln County:

December 28, 2021

The Hiawatha Trail in Tomahawk from SARA Park north to the Lincoln/Oneida County line will open for snowmobile use effective immediately. All other Lincoln County’s funded snowmobile and winter ATV trails will remain CLOSED at this time. The Hiawatha Trail is not open to ATV use.

Please stay on marked trails and use caution when riding, areas may be rough due to early season conditions.

Be aware of Trail Closed signs, stay on marked trails only and respect private land.

attakman

Today's "snow storm"....is kind of a dud...not snowing all that hard...maybe a dusting so far as of 6 pm (Tomahawk area)...might get an inch...looks like it's falling apart on radar...I guess we'll see....imo trails are thin down here...thats why Lincoln is still closed...lots of folks already out riding....really needed that 3 to 5 inches they were calling for...expect early season conditions with thin areas.

attakman

Can you run from the garage bar and motel? I’m about a mile down the road from there
If you are in Lincoln County...no...at least not yet...Price county is opening Friday though...if Lincoln opens zone 1...then u can...im thinking they will...but the snow is pretty thin south of Tomahawk