Tomahawk Update 12-29-15

Attak man

STORM WAS A BUST!!!! 2-4 inches is being reported across the north woods (more to the south...less to the north). I'm glad we got some snow...every little bit helps...but unfortunately it's not enough....we still need cold weather to get these swamps, rivers, and lakes froze....keep in mind...the ICE ON LAKES IS NOT SAFE.....never cross a lake unless the club has marked it....reports are that Oneida, and Vilas trails are gonna open...probably due more to economics, than conditions...you will have to check reports from those areas for conditions...I can tell you from Lac du Flambeau to Mercer (west and northwest Vilas-Southern Iron) were close to being ride able last week...so...3-4 inches may have helped them, as they had a lot more snow up there to start with....I have no idea on the east end of the county (whitedust???)

We are getting closer....we now have a base...but we need more cold and snow.

whitedust

Yes it is rideable on east end of Vilas but nothing that I'm interested in with my Apex xtx. I'm sure the Holiday crowd will like it .. no bumps.. white.. perfect for rental fleets to take a short ER to Phelps then maybe Lando loop. Phelps was panned expecting big snow 20/20 hind sight should have left to be ridden in. I would not travel a great distance to get here unless renting a sled but would not take my ace sled out in these conditions.

Attak man

Yes it is rideable on east end of Vilas but nothing that I'm interested in with my Apex xtx. I'm sure the Holiday crowd will like it .. no bumps.. white.. perfect for rental fleets to take a short ER to Phelps then maybe Lando loop. Phelps was panned expecting big snow 20/20 hind sight should have left to be ridden in. I would not travel a great distance to get here unless renting a sled but would not take my ace sled out in these conditions.

That's what I'm thinking...I will be taking my kids up to lac du flambeau this weekend...they actually ahd 5-6 inches on the ground before this storm....they can spin around on the logging roads, and back trails on my mom's old venture 500...but my XTX is staying parked as well...not gonna trailer it up there for marginal conditions....I haven't seen much for snow reports up your way (one inch in 3 lakes)...3-4 here...my in laws in marathon had 7-8....Wausau had 6 plus