Took a car ride yesterday 12/22

goofy600

So had to take a car ride. Left house by Cisco chain of lakes towards Marenisco west end of UP thunder riders trails looked ok not groomed sense warm up. Gogebic groomers have been out Tuesday it looked like on west side. East out of Bergland just packed as I got farther east by Bruce Crossing grade looked very rocky. Southto Watersmeet trails looked ok. Down to lando they have panned and packed from what I could see. Conover didn’t look to do much that I could see. Down to Eagle River they had rolled everything I could see on north end. Overall things looked decent but need snow.

pclark

Same over here on the western side of Vilas County. In Manitowish the trails look nice and groomed but thin, as you get toward Minoqua kind of the same, I drove down to Rhinelander on Tuesday and honestly some trails were bare that took sun at 8am, but when I came back at 10:30am it was snowing hard (Dry Powdery snow) and everything was snow-covered. If they do open Oneida it will be very thin. Hopefully we get the snow on Sunday night into Monday as we really could use another 4"-8" just to make it rideable.

euphoric1

So had to take a car ride. Left house by Cisco chain of lakes towards Marenisco west end of UP thunder riders trails looked ok not groomed sense warm up. Gogebic groomers have been out Tuesday it looked like on west side. East out of Bergland just packed as I got farther east by Bruce Crossing grade looked very rocky. Southto Watersmeet trails looked ok. Down to lando they have panned and packed from what I could see. Conover didn’t look to do much that I could see. Down to Eagle River they had rolled everything I could see on north end. Overall things looked decent but need snow.
Jim, are you going to be our new "pictures from a beer truck" guy? from previous years JD posts? Merry Christmas to you and your family!

goofy600

Jim, are you going to be our new "pictures from a beer truck" guy? from previous years JD posts? Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Thought about that as I was typing but usually when I’m driving I don’t have time to take pictures but maybe I will try in the future. It was last minute Christmas shopping you know, no time for pictures.🤪

goofy600

On another note Cisco lake is sitting with 10-12” ice in most areas, 8” where channel is and Bent’s camp posted they should be putting the barrels out on Friday the 24th. I was also told Lake Gogebic has 8” but that was second or even third hand so hopefully someone else that has better knowledge of Lake Gogebic can answer.

chop

All pics are appreciated, even those that arent from a beer truck. I also saw the post from bents about the cisco chain. I hope that is true. I will be up there on monday.