Top Gun - Maverick

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
We spent a couple of hours this weekend in the theater to see the new Tom Cruise movie. I'm no critic but I know what I like and this one is pretty darn good. Lots of parallels to the original, sound track is good if you like Classic Rock and a lot of action. And you can take the kids, nothing there that they shouldn't see. If you need an escape from today's current events, this might do it. Take the wife or girlfriend, you can't go wrong with a Tom Cruise movie.

xsledder

I am glad it was a good movie and you enjoyed yourself. Yes, it is good to get away from reality for a few hours.

However, with the current escalation in fuel and food prices, Hollywood can go without my money for a little while. Not that I cannot afford it, I hate being lectured too and paying them to do it to me. (I am talking about other movies and not Maverick. I have it seen Maverick. I am sure it is a good movie and I might rent it when it is streaming.)

jonesin

i went to see it with my boys last wednesday, they loved it, one gave it 10/10, i on the other hand gave it about a 5/10, i liked it but i liked the original WAY BETTER
just my $ .02, we all know what that is worth these days lol

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yup, I'm always skeptical of sequels but I thought they tied this one together nicely with the original. If Hollywood would make more like this one, I'd be more likely to go more than once every 10 years.