Track stand for 2014 Yamaha Viper or Arctic Cat Pro-Cross chassis

dekx

Looking to see what people are using. Have stands now, but when put under rear bumper, the snowflap has to bent way forward....so whats out their to use, im looking to purchase a few

Thanks

whitedust

Got away from snomo sled jack this year went to old auto bumber jack wrapped with duct tape from boneyard put 2x6 board under to level off best thing I ever did....effortless. I always run sled in reverse when ride complete & 1st thing before I leave. $2-$5 the most you will pay.

Banjo Man

Got away from snomo sled jack this year went to old auto bumber jack wrapped with duct tape from boneyard put 2x6 board under to level off best thing I ever did....effortless. I always run sled in reverse when ride complete & 1st thing before I leave. $2-$5 the most you will pay.

Curious, do you leave it on the stand overnight and start it the next day on stand?

dekx

No put it on stand after ride, run the track then take it off.
Then before i leave in the a.m., put it back on stand run it, then take it off

Keep ideas coming

whitedust

Curious, do you leave it on the stand overnight and start it the next day on stand?

Yes covered on stand till next ride always warm track a bit make sure ice exits rear of sled been working well for me for 10 years all different brands 2s or 4s.

whitedust

Heres a nice one about 90% percent of the snocrossers use the 3 sided twin hook one. Lifts the biggest sleds very easy. The slight problem on moving the stand away from the sled. It can use its leverage to kick out easier on uneven icey service. Fine on the flat. Will need some studs to dig in on the uneven survices http://shop.eazymovecarts.com/Snowmobile-Jack-Stand-RSL-1008.htm

Bent up a bunch like that ok for a year or 2 but then bent just kept throwing in back of trailer buy another snomo jack then went with auto jack cheap not going to break.....just saying best solution for me....cheap & effective.

dekx

Looked at these, but hook should be in center of rear bumper for best use, Yamaha has a piece in center and only opening on left and right side.

Tito

Looked at these, but hook should be in center of rear bumper for best use, Yamaha has a piece in center and only opening on left and right side.
So does a Cat thats why they make a twin hook for racing sleds it grabs each side of the center piece. Its isnt that hard to mod a single into a twin hook or vice versa its all bolt on

dmsrx

DSC00015.jpg DSC00014.jpg Here's what I built back in 98. Not the most compact but real easy to use and no way you'll bend it. I used thin wall 1' tube and some round stock. I need to remake the piece that hooks to the bumper so I can lift the neighbors cats easier because of the shape of the bumper. I'll just change the hooks.