Trail 124 and 133 open yet?

jd

Administrator
Staff member
We are just waiting to hear from the lead forester that the last pile of logs on 124 has been removed and then 2 of our crew will be going out to open up and sign 124. So if not by tomorrow, then early next week for sure. 133 is still closed, but we are hoping to be able to open it up later next week.

-John

tomx

Wow my bad. Great news John. Thanks for yours and other club members efforts. When I was up after Christmas the talk was "closed for the season"

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Wow my bad. Great news John. Thanks for yours and other club members efforts. When I was up after Christmas the talk was "closed for the season"

Thank you! It has been going back and forth since before the season started, but the final decision was made by the land owners to not log in there any more this season!

-John

clark_w

That is good news for sure, it was sad pulling up the Vansville sign post and see the trail closed signs and caution tape on 124 last weekend, well, that does it, we will just have to go back up then.....

CW

packerlandrider

We are just waiting to hear from the lead forester that the last pile of logs on 124 has been removed and then 2 of our crew will be going out to open up and sign 124. So if not by tomorrow, then early next week for sure. 133 is still closed, but we are hoping to be able to open it up later next week.

-John

Someone should inform the DNR of this. One of them was on the radio yesterday explicitly stating both 124 and 133 were closed for the season. Great to hear that's not the case!

just_ride

What about trail 132 going into Lac La Belle, I thought I read it was closed on one end?
can you get to Lac La Belle from either way on 132?
Thanks

snobuilder

$48.00 and all I here about on here is closed trails, groomers down....trails not getting attention in high traffic areas....cripes we need snow in Wisconny BAD!!!!!

just_ride

What about trail 132 going into Lac La Belle, I thought I read it was closed on one end?
can you get to Lac La Belle from either way on 132?
Thanks
Yes it's open and in awesome shape
We ran it one way going up to copper harbor and then ran it back the other way going back to Houghton
lots of snow that way

1fujifilm

Yes it's open and in awesome shape
We ran it one way going up to copper harbor and then ran it back the other way going back to Houghton
lots of snow that way

I was there yesterday about 2 PM and the only way into Gay is 122, it was groomed perfectly. 124 was a bit bumpy though.

Bear