Trail 13... Rockland to bergland???

MR.HAPPY

Did I hear that trail 13 was fixed & the mud holes are gone?
You can run your SxS through 13 toward Bergland & not get all muddy?
Be that time before you know it!!!

Thanks!

beer belly bob

Check with Tom at Bergland Bay Bar! I think Tom has the info on that!!! I do know there is not a single mud hole on trail 13 now!!!

nytro_rtx

Did they fix it on the Bergland end since last fall?? I know there was some good sized mud holes down that way the last time we rode from White Pine to Bergland last fall. Me & ranlam buried the RZR good, had mud about 6 in. deep on the floor boards!! I hope they don't fix all of them, makes it fun on the SxS and the bikes if there's some mud holes!!

MR.HAPPY

Thought I read some where that they spent thousands fixing & filling holes on 13 late last fall...
Just not sure where???

mrsrunningbear

The hole down at the Bergland end was not fixed last year. It is on the list to get a temporary fix this season. Most of the other holes were fixed tho. The reason for the temporary fix is that end of the trail is going to be relocated to higher ground within the next 2 years so putting lots of money in that hole is not something MI-TRALE, USFS or the DRN want to do, but we are going to get it fixed so you can get through it without getting stuck or muddy. MI-TRALE held a Trail Summit Meeting about the Pioneer Trail/Trail13 this month to make further plans for care of this trail

http://mi-trale.org/historic-pioneer-trail-summit-meeting-held/

ranlam

Did they fix it on the Bergland end since last fall?? I know there was some good sized mud holes down that way the last time we rode from White Pine to Bergland last fall. Me & ranlam buried the RZR good, had mud about 6 in. deep on the floor boards!! I hope they don't fix all of them, makes it fun on the SxS and the bikes if there's some mud holes!!

X2 bro.
Getting muddy is fun! Please don't groom the whole trail smooth.

srt20

I've never ridden the summer trails in the UP, but it sounds like they are trying to turn them into super highways like they've done in WI. Might as well raise taxes and pave them. Trails are getting to dusty...

They are called "All Terrain Vehicles" not highway cruisers....

mrsrunningbear

No super highways in the U.P. This is exactly what we do not want to happen with this trail. Keeping the integrity of the trail is very important to MI-TRALE, the main thing is to get the drainage ditches working again. We also have to keep all the land owners happy and they do not want huge mud holes.

It starts with a small mud hole that someone doesn't want to go through so they go around it, thus widening the trail, which leads to travel off trail, then wrecking drainage ditches, which leads to a large mud hole

nytro_rtx

X2 bro.
Getting muddy is fun! Please don't groom the whole trail smooth.

It would be very boring if they're all smooth with no mud!!! If that's the case we should just put street tires on the rzr & buy street bikes to ride the trails????

I've never ridden the summer trails in the UP, but it sounds like they are trying to turn them into super highways like they've done in WI. Might as well raise taxes and pave them. Trails are getting to dusty...

They are called "All Terrain Vehicles" not highway cruisers....

X2 100%

nytro_rtx

No super highways in the U.P. This is exactly what we do not want to happen with this trail. Keeping the integrity of the trail is very important to MI-TRALE, the main thing is to get the drainage ditches working again. We also have to keep all the land owners happy and they do not want huge mud holes.

It starts with a small mud hole that someone doesn't want to go through so they go around it, thus widening the trail, which leads to travel off trail, then wrecking drainage ditches, which leads to a large mud hole

I understand what you're saying and am glad to hear that's not what is happening.(super highways) Ranlam & I always go straight thru the deepest part of the mud hole, that's where the fun is!!!

mrsrunningbear

I understand what you're saying and am glad to hear that's not what is happening.(super highways) Ranlam & I always go straight thru the deepest part of the mud hole, that's where the fun is!!!

Funny you say that! Bear always aimed for this one spot at that first hole by Bergland and has never made it through yet!

MI-TRALE sure would like to find a property owner who would let us have the "great" mud hole. So we could make it a challenge for anyone to get through

ranlam

Funny you say that! Bear always aimed for this one spot at that first hole by Bergland and has never made it through yet!

MI-TRALE sure would like to find a property owner who would let us have the "great" mud hole. So we could make it a challenge for anyone to get through

That would be great to actually create a mud course for all the snorklers out there!

Hey MRB is the ORV sticker this year going to consist of 2 stickers? 1 for public/forest roads and 1 for designated trails from what i read today. Makes sense because the moneys will go to the designated trails then maybe we could get more designated trails in the future.

ranlam

From what i can see the new orv stickers will cost 36.25 this year, $20 increase and I can handle that, like a wise guy told me, "that still a good deal" 26.25 for non private lands & 10 for designated trails.

MR.HAPPY

I think thats a fair price to have the privilege to ride in all that the U.P. offers!
I have no problem getting mudding, but sometimes you want to get somewhere at leasure with the wife & kids without getting all muddy.
There's a time for both.

ranlam

I think thats a fair price to have the privilege to ride in all that the U.P. offers!
I have no problem getting mudding, but sometimes you want to get somewhere at leasure with the wife & kids without getting all muddy.
There's a time for both.

Hey whatever makes you Happy....lol
They are slowly but surely improving the P trail yearly, 7-8 years ago it was really narly and i can see how that would deter people from riding, theres so much exploring to do UP here, plenty of room for all types of riders and families!

Painter

Yah we got stuck at that hole last fall. I would have went through it but my wife didn't want to. we tried to go around but couldn't. We were almost to bergland too! Now I was up there 2013 memorial day by myself and that big hole was not there and I made it all the way to bergland.

We trailered to Phoenix and rode south on 3, every 2 feet was a dip in the trail. It would be cool to somehow "groom" the trail but that's probably a lot of work and money. So we trailered to Gay and rode the beach area, that was fun! I think copper harbor has ATV trails too, like 134-135.......I should check those out

ranlam

Yah we got stuck at that hole last fall. I would have went through it but my wife didn't want to. we tried to go around but couldn't. We were almost to bergland too! Now I was up there 2013 memorial day by myself and that big hole was not there and I made it all the way to bergland.

We trailered to Phoenix and rode south on 3, every 2 feet was a dip in the trail. It would be cool to somehow "groom" the trail but that's probably a lot of work and money. So we trailered to Gay and rode the beach area, that was fun! I think copper harbor has ATV trails too, like 134-135.......I should check those out

Not to sound homo but i would love to tear up that gay beach, beach riding is fun! It will be fuggin June before we can do any summer riding, at this rate neways.