Trail 2

wiharley02

I believe the section of MI trail 2 you are referring to goes through the "bear creek swamp" - a section of trail groomed by Schoolcraft County Motorized Trails Association. Historically the groomer cannot get through this section due to water and "ice conditions". I read they tried to get through about 2 weeks ago and broke through in many spots and are unable to groom through. Also read that sleds have been passing through but it is rough. Was just in the area Friday 2/19, we took the "reroute" around it, using CR-436/river road. We got lucky and Friday afternoon when we took the reroute it had started snowing before we got there and continued to snow, so we had a fresh few inches on the road. Can't say for sure but it seemed like the road had a good hard snow/ice base underneath above the gravel, we had plenty of lube and no carbide noise with the recent snow.

The reroute is on their facebook page, along with pictures when they attempted to go through. I am not a FB member but you can view their main page as a non-user and see the posts they put on their main feed.

The re-route:

Schoolcraft County Motorized Trails Association

February 9 at 5:55 PM ·

TRAIL 2 AT BLANEY PARK-
BEAR CREEK SWAMP:
Trail investigation reveals open water and edges but more stability than previously encountered. The investigation team made it through but did NOT make a return run.
BEAR CREEK SWAMP REMAINS CLOSED.
Alternative routes:
TRAVELING EAST: AT 2/421 Junction run north on CoRd436 (approx 15 mi) cross M77 and catch Trail 43
TRAVELING WEST: Trail 43 to CoRd436 cross M77 to 2/421 junction (approx 15 mi)

Edit: After posting, the facebook link looked different than when I pasted it. Looks like it still works properly when clicking on it.