Trail Access from Otter Lake

mostmajor

Wondering if anyone can shed some light on getting to the trail system from Otter Lake. Considering a rental that's on the lake for an upcoming trip. The host mentioned the trail is about 4 miles from the cabin. Does anyone know what trail that would be? I saw on the UPsnowmobiling site that Trail #15 is closed. Is that the trail she was likely referring to? Just don't want to end up in a situation where I'm staying somewhere I can't ride to the trail from. Any insight would be appreciated!

mostmajor

I'm not sure what the address is - I just know it's an Airbnb located directly on Otter Lake, south of Chassell.

pclark

I'm not sure what the address is - I just know it's an Airbnb located directly on Otter Lake, south of Chassell.
I'm sure someone from that area will advise, I don't really know it well enough, they show trail 15 close to Otter Lake but no trail running directly to it.

Wondering if anyone can shed some light on getting to the trail system from Otter Lake. Considering a rental that's on the lake for an upcoming trip. The host mentioned the trail is about 4 miles from the cabin. Does anyone know what trail that would be? I saw on the UPsnowmobiling site that Trail #15 is closed. Is that the trail she was likely referring to? Just don't want to end up in a situation where I'm staying somewhere I can't ride to the trail from. Any insight would be appreciated!
donken road will be what you want to take to get to trail. stayed by otter lake a couple years ago and it was nice but you do have to go down plowed roads for a couple miles. not bad when they are getting snow but when the weather starts to warm the slightest i would not stay there. guessing till end of febuary would b good. also off the top of my head i would guess 6 or 7 miles to trail. which half would b plowed road

packerlandrider

Yeah it would depend on what side of Otter Lake your are on. With trail 15 closed (which is ~4 miles away from Otter Lake), your closest trail access would be trail 3 in Donken. Probably 6-12 miles away via a mixture of plowed and unplowed roads.