trail closing

justride

Hi John, I know mother nature can be unpredictable this time of year but my group booked a place in Hanncock for 13th to 17th last Tuesday when the future weather prediction was a 4 day warm up but a chance of snow Wednesday night and Thursday and another 3 to 5" for Saturday into Sunday. Now their saying 50 degrees on Tuesday and 1/2" of rain on Wednesday and maybe 2" of snow for the weekend. Will the rain be enough to close down the trails for the year or will they have enough snow left in the woods to keep groomer going when it cools down Friday? Thanks, I have until tomorrow to cancel and get half of our $700 back.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
There is no way to know for sure, but here is what I would do if I were in your shoes. Cancel and if there is a good chance you can ride, then rebook. I doubt you will have much competition. $700 is just too much to gamble on at this point.

Hoosier

Watching this too. Supposed to go up somewhere on the 13th. Was thinking about staying in Calumet and heading only north of that. Not expecting great conditions, but the forecast sure looked better yesterday than today!

tjmaxx

I'm up here now. Staying in calumet is your best bet. Getting through houghton Hancock is getting really hard. If it were me I would do what John said and cancel. Rebook if conditions change. I don't see the trails holding up well with a warm up. They groomed mid day yesterday and I rode the trails 3-4 hours after grooming and with the warm weather you would have thought it was 3-4 days without grooming not hours. They need cold and snow now