Trailer Brakes

catdog

I have a 05 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT. I installed the brake controller with the Dodge Ram specific wire harness. I plugged the harness into the blue plug under the dash, which has four wires running from that into my fire wall. My 7 pin plug on the bumper only has your standard four wires. Trying to find where the four wires are that come from the blue plug under the dash. Any help would be appreciated.

catdog

I seen that thread no help. I found the factory plug under the dash and plug into it but electric brakes didn't work. After checking things out found that the 7 pin plug at the bumper didn't have the wire for the trailer brake hooked up. I look around and couldn't find any wires to hook to it. I would like to know were the four wires go from the back of the plug under the dash.

sw_lower

I have a 2005 Ram 1500 ad have installed a brake controller on it , there is a plug under the dash that is pre-wired to the rear of the truck for the controller , bought the wiring harness adapter that connected that plug to the controller off of ebay for 1/5 the price that the dealer wanted , in the rear I tapped into the wiring and spliced into my plug which I had to buy but the holes are there for it , there is another plug adapter for the rear but I didn't have time to locate after market and didn't want to pay dealers price ------so to answer your question , no it isn't factory installation but part of the wiring is there , and the dealer does sell two adapter that will making it easier to hook up....... check with dealer