trailer difference?

jonesin

Im looking at trailers and there are a couple of 2005 7'x27', dual axle available about the same price $5,500
is there a big difference between legend and renegade?
one is isulated one not
both have 6' doors I think, not tall enough for side by sides..
thanks

MNBlizzard

A trailer of that vintage should be thoroughly inspected for cracked welds, galvanic corrosion, and other signs of stress. Both brands are solid with a slight nod to renegade. I'd buy whichever were in better condition. Good luck!

mrbb

also keep in mind, most all brands had options, on build, as to centers on framing, 12"-16"-24" and so on, from floor to walls to ceilings
which honestly effect price/value, strength of things too
so its not just "X" brand to"X" brand name, unless all things are equally built like wise!

but I agree, ALL used trailers need to be gone over really good, as folks today, tend to be HARD on things, over load, tow at extreme speeds, and that all can make for welds failing faster than normal
hitting a pot hole at 40 and hitting it at 90 can be a LOT harder on things!

types of axles too can add value or not!
best advice before buying besides looking at welds really good, is TOW IT< take it for a rest tow, at slow and higher speeds and feel for vibrations and how it handles
they DON"T all tow the same, based on build, axle placement and well, design in whole!