trailer floor options

polaris62

I just picked up a new trailer and looking for ideas to preserve the floor. A friend suggested rino lining which sounds like a good idea but would like some feedback if you've used it. Also looking for some feedback from other options. Thanks.

bayfly

I just ordered a new trailer with the poly bead laminate flooring. It is supposed to be the most scratch resistant available. It should hold up well to everything but studs (or so I am told). I don't have any experience with it yet but there are others who have used it successfully thru posts on SnoWest.

EXCESSIVE FORCE

I did a plywood (1/4" i believe) overlay on the factory floor and it works great.When it gets too bad i'll replace it. A lot easier than ski guides, etc in my 4 place 102" wide trailer....

dab102999

I like to be cost effective..I picked up a few free truck bed liners. A little time and a circular saw and had ski runners. Picked up old tracks for free or next to nothing and used them for track runners. Works good and looks good. Then my buddy showed me that he just put cheap plywood down...slap my face...way more simpler and makes trailer more useful off season if you don't store sleds ln it.

I would think rino liner would be very heavy depending on size of trailer and would also think it would be a lot of $$$$

garyl62

ezra

no, this is not helping with the floor question

maybe not but until tonight I did not know how to break down a AR15 in a teddy or the proper way to clean a Glock in a bikini. I bet if u watch them all some place in this educational series there could be something about trailer flooring. only way to find out is to watch them all

just_ride

maybe not but until tonight I did not know how to break down a AR15 in a teddy or the proper way to clean a Glock in a bikini. I bet if u watch them all some place in this educational series there could be something about trailer flooring. only way to find out is to watch them all

ok, will need to watch more, maybe there is a trailer floor tip from the expert in a teddy, thanks for the tip

polaris62

Ezra now I forgot what I asked. The videos while nothing to do with it have me thinking of other options lol. The plywood option is one I've considered Menards has a quarter inch recycled plastic ply board a little pricey but should last a very long time. However concerned that could get a little slick when wet.

ezra

Ezra now I forgot what I asked. The videos while nothing to do with it have me thinking of other options lol. The plywood option is one I've considered Menards has a quarter inch recycled plastic ply board a little pricey but should last a very long time. However concerned that could get a little slick when wet.

is anything like the old stuff they sold that was 3/4 that stuff twisted and warped with the changing seasons .my bud spent big bucks and time re decking with it like 4 yrs ago took it all of and started over after less than 1 yr.
went with some special order marine plywood.

dfattack

not sure how rino liner would hold up with expansion and contraction over the long run

- - - Updated - - -

one of my faves https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thjh2c7b4KY&list=UUH0FVCcsDd00tw6m6mUj4Yg I don't need a photo studio but I have watched a few times just in case I ever need to know how to build one

I have rhino lining in my trailer and has worked perfectly. I don't believe it will hold up to studs however. I do not have stubs on my tracks so i don't have any experience with that. I do have snowtrackers which are very aggressive carbides and occasionally the skis have come off their dollies and the floor holds up well to the trackers in those instances. I have had no problems with expansion and contraction.