Trailer interior, looking for ideas.

tourguide

I have an in-line trailer with a bare interior, looking for suggestions on finishing it, what kind of wall panels to use, where to buy cabinets, should i insulate, any ideas would be appreciated,Thanks.

rocketman356

I have an in-line trailer with a bare interior, looking for suggestions on finishing it, what kind of wall panels to use, where to buy cabinets, should i insulate, any ideas would be appreciated,Thanks.
If there is a dealer in your area for the manufacture of the trailer I would start there.You can look at trailers that are finished and can order your cabinets and materials there.Insulation really not needed unless your heating it.If your budget allows we always have colored bedliner sprayed on the floor and it really holds up well.You really have to spin your track to even stratch it with picks and the carbides don't either.

Last edited:

cool700

I have a legend trailer that I ordered unfinished. I ordered the sam interior that they would have put in it, and installed it later. I insulated it with 1.5 inch styrophome panels. Than I ran LED strip lighting down the center of the ceiling. Pricey but nice (low electrical load and no shadows). I put 120V wiring with 4 outlets and a camper plug on the outside and now I have a spare garage. With the use of a propane heater you can use it anywhere.

tourguide

Do you think I can get away with the spray on bedliner even though the flooring is 5 years old, its still in great shape though, no rot.

fusionfool

FRP Panel

I am going to do a finishing project on an aluminum R&R trailer. I have been researching the subject, and had come across another site that I can not find now where they finished a cargo trailer. They used FRP (fiberglass reinforced plastic panel). I have been searching, and found Lowes has the best price I could find at $288 / 10, 0.09 thk 4' x 8' panel white pebble textured. Common application for this product is high wear surface, bathroom, car wash, and ceiling. I have also found a 3M product to adhere fiberglass to aluminum (3M 8116). I am thinking I would place a bearer Styrofoam ridged insulation behind the FRP.
Now I like the idea stated here about using bed liner on the floor. How do the carbides slide on this? Almost seems it would be sticky to slid on? Is Rhino liner the product used?

Last edited:

rocketman356

I am going to do a finishing project on an aluminum R&R trailer. I have been researching the subject, and had come across another site that I can not find now where they finished a cargo trailer. They used FRP (fiberglass reinforced plastic panel). I have been searching, and found Lowes has the best price I could find at $288 / 10, 0.09 thk 4' x 8' panel white pebble textured. Common application for this product is high wear surface, bathroom, car wash, and ceiling. I have also found a 3M product to adhere fiberglass to aluminum (3M 8116). I am thinking I would place a bearer Styrofoam ridged insulation behind the FRP.
Now I like the idea stated here about using bed liner on the floor. How do the carbides slide on this? Almost seems it would be sticky to slid on? Is Rhino liner the product used?
Howdy ff, I had a company that leased space from us install the bed liner (Carefree Coatings in New Lenox IL. Actually the carbides slide better on the coating than plywood.We installed the plastic ski runners on the floor and the sleds really slide now.I will take a picture if I get time today of the interior.Alot of trailers have plywood up the sides about 18 inches to take the hits and we had that coated also.Also the bed liner makes a excellant under coating for steel framed trailers.

dfattack

the rhino lining is nice to have, but the ramps will be slippery when you get snow on them. I decided against the slides for now since it was very expensive to do a larger trailer. I'm trying the plastic slides that go under the ski's for now. If they work then I don't have the slides in place during the summer with ATV's. Only took it out twice this year due to the lack of snow and bought the ski slides afterward, so I don't know how they work. I think they were $80 a pair versus over $1,000 for 4 rows of glides.

Also, a few of the panels on my ceiling started to buckle a little after a few days of using the trailer. I don't know if they were cut to big or bowed due to the temperature extremes. In any case this will be fixed in the spring.

Here's a pic with the rhino liner on the floor only.

IMG_5148r.jpg