Trailer padlocks

dfattack

Big thing don’t need lock in trailer tongue but make sure you have some type of bolt or clip or something so the latch can’t pop up.
I have a stainless clip for this. Thanks. If we would have had some snow (enough to ride) this week I could have shown you. ;)

winterwarlock

Haven't used a padlock in years. Do you have a man door on your trailer with a dead bolt? If so, we install slide bolts inside, never have to worry about frozen locks or someone cutting them off. Been doing this for years even on job site trailers, many attempts at break-ins with zero success.
Love this idea, I think I’m going to do the same on my 19’ Formula Trail Pro DLX. I currently use the puck lock on front and rear ramps and have had zero issues with freezing, but ya never know. Putting bolt locks on the interior of both ramps and using the utility door for entry makes perfect sense.

old abe

Triton, and Neo trailers have internal, in the door locks. No way in without tearing the door off. P.S., don't misplace the keys, always have extras!

whitedust

o_O seems like lots of parts in all Apex's? My friends that had them, had boo coo $$$ in them, skis, shocks, and what have you of parts.
No spares like that but installed Elka shocks all around and had spare aggressive snow trackers and saddle bags. I don’t believe he had a lot of miles split that up with another Apex xtx he sold.

lofsfire

Triton, and Neo trailers have internal, in the door locks. No way in without tearing the door off. P.S., don't misplace the keys, always have extras!
You have that single grab handle in the center that pulls up and then unlocks the bar on the inside correct?

The downfall is the suitcase size lock that locks the handle down. Two of my friend had their sleds taken from their NEO trailer. One sled was found other never was.

I like Snoden's "slide bolts inside" idea.

But honestly if they want in they will find a way...