trailer stolen, mn

bigfoot

Neighbor tried to catch the thieves, but they were quick. Knocked on the door, no one answered and they took the trailer. 1993 two place, triton tilt. Has fresh wiring, two brand new tires,ski guides. Hollar if you see it .Stolen today in Eagan, M

Last edited:

POLARISDAN

I always lock mine with a steel padlock..not foolproof, but would definitely slow them down..they would need a top notch bolt cutter

600_RMK_144

I always lock mine with a steel padlock..not foolproof, but would definitely slow them down..they would need a top notch bolt cutter

I hate, hate, hate thieves. What, you can't afford it on your own, so you got to take it from someone that worked their hands to the bone to pay for it? I even lock up the ramp you've seen sticking out the bed of my truck. There's nothing for you here, now move along, please!

bigfoot

Aluminum. Has black salt shield. "Triton Lite" on sides along with speedwerx stickers on side. Wheels are brand spanking new - no rust. Don't have pics. Funny thing is, is that this was hidden behind a snow bank. Oh yeah, stolen by two young white males in a brown ford explorer. Police officer told me not to expect to see it again.

I know its just a shot in the dark, but thanks!

ezra

remember to tell insurance man it was hooked up to the back of your truck at the time

ezra

??? What good is that going to do? Curious.-Mezz

most ins full coverage policy cover a trailer if it is hooked to the truck.
but yes had to report it that way.
I never have my trailers insured I guess I could prob clam them under my business insurance. but I figure if something goes down towing or ripped of at a trail head auto would cover.at my house smile your on candied camera with night vision. then I can find U and we can play some silence of the lambs put the lotion in the basket or something fun like that.

mezz

Perhaps the law is different in MN vs. MI. If we don't have specific coverage for the trailer with a description of the trailer, i.e. Yr, Make, Mod, Serial Number & value, you're SOL for physical damage or theft. The only coverage that MI extends to the trailer while connected to the vehicle is Liability. Now, "some" snowmobile coverage can automatically cover a trailer, but only up to a limit of $500. That's the reason I asked what good it would do to say it was connected.-Mezz

ezra

prob just mt assumption I have always asked if anything hooked to my truck and wife's suv is covered and it is. but then I could just have that as part of my plan always has been but then I cant remember when I did not not have all my trucks and cars under my business so that could be why also.
but I do have a bud who was towing a trailer trailer flipped in ditch totaled and his auto ins covered

goofy600

I have amfam ins and they told me in a accident it would only cover liability on trailer unless I put coverage on trailer also. Want to say policy for trailer pretty cheap but don't remember for sure, and not sure if homeowners would cover if stolen from home. Probably a good thing to recheck on again.

Dave_B

Homeowners should cover it but, probably after your deductible. May not even be worth filing a claim. Check with your agent as all companies and states vary.
If it was a 1993, probably only valued at $500 in their minds.

ezra

It could be I have some kind of waver for towing because I tow a lot of rented equipment throughout the yr and my agent knows it so prob has that on my policy .
my bud is same biz that is prob why his was covered.
guess next time I lend out a trailer ill have to ask if there auto covers it in a wreck.

goofy600

It could be I have some kind of waver for towing because I tow a lot of rented equipment throughout the yr and my agent knows it so prob has that on my policy .
my bud is same biz that is prob why his was covered.
guess next time I lend out a trailer ill have to ask if there auto covers it in a wreck.

It's the little things you forget about until something happens!!!