Trailer wiring headache

lopez11j

hmmm,I guess your 1st post, saying you checked the truck with a meter,may have thrown us for a loop!! j.k.!! glad you got it fixed!! now go fix that snowmaking machine!

I did check the truck. I just didn't check it when both tail lights and blinker where on at the same time. Never crossed my mind. And if I can't figure out trailer lights I think a snow making machine is out of my realm of possibilities.

snake

being in the boating business for 29 years=I have learned=ALWAYS check for good ground 1st! I would do that on your vehicle. like i said,use a volt meter

wags

Now this may have been mentioned already (I haven't taken the time to read the entire post) but a really quick easy way to see if it's the ground is to take your jumper cables and clamp then to the frame of both the trailer and the truck with everything else connected.
I have used this method a pinch out on the road and this has saved me a few times.

Oh, I change my 7 to 4 adapter every year, those things just don't last at all!

Good luck,

snake

dielectric grease can prevent some future "fun",use it on batt terminals,trailer connecters,bulb base',ect....=its good stuff!!

dab102999

A lot of responses and I didn't read them all but did you happen to hook the trailer up and go for a short spin...I have had the same problem but once ball gave me a good ground worked fine...also would try the "other truck" trick too before going to far into it.

lopez11j

Well, I finally found the problem. Its going to sound stupid to most of you but I got to let you know. I pulled off the wire connector on the back of my truck plug and there was a dirty pin. That's it. I thought I checked ground for on the truck for low resistance but I must have just checked continuity. I will now grease all plugs and shrink wrap all wire splices. Headache finally solved. Thanks to all.