Trailers

I'm going to buy an enclosed trailer and I'm wondering what's the smallest trailer I can buy that I would be able to fit 3 sleds in if I needed. Most of the time I only transport 2, but occasionally I would like to put 3 in. I have been looking at 7x17 or 7x19.

eagle1

Well sleds aren't getting any shorter. I would go with at least 7x21' if you want get 3 sleds in.
In have r&r 7x21' but have only hauled 2 144" sleds. 3 would be easy if there shorter.
Summer store 2 sleds in it and 2 blowers works out good.

jedoyle

We have a NEO 7x23 enclosed trailer and 3 sleds fit no problem but there isn't a lot of extra room. Our sled lengths are 121, 128 & 144. I am guessing any 7' wide trailer less than 22 - 23' long you would probably have to back one in to fit 3.

blutooth

First have to get the nomenclature down. 7' is the width (although some companies also make a 7.5'). That is the easy part. The length can be a little difficult/confusing because some manufacturers count the V (Stealth) while others do not (RnR Trailers) on their literature.

RnR Trailer 7x18 = 23' interior, Stealth 7x23 = 23' interior. That really isn't here nor there, but I guess it clarifies it.

Our group had a RnR 23' interior cabin that fit 3x 154" sleds. It was tight but they all fit the same direction - rear facing so the last tunnel can go in the V.

teamblue

We have a 12' Triton deckover w/v nose and can get all 3 of our Apex's in with no problem. 121,128, and 144.

teamblue

yes it's 101 wide that's what a deck over is......

tandem axle.
another smart -ss about the quality and comfort of Yamaha sleds.......

Thanks for all the info. So if I put one sled in backwards I should be able to get three sleds in a 7x19 v-nose? I don't want a deck over because I feel the ramp is too steep. My friend has a 7x23 and we put 4 sleds in it last season on three different trips so I think a 19' trailer would work but probably not a 17'.

Go Fast or Go Home

I had an RnR 7" x 18' with a 5' V. (23') I could run three 1200 Ski-Doo 137s straight in and have room for gear. If I needed I could also squeeze a 120" sled as well (four sleds) I had to drive two in and back two in.

jedoyle

firefighter1, I tend to agree with your last statement that you should be able to get 3 sleds in a 7x19 trailer with 1 loaded backward. If you only plan on hauling 3 sleds every blue moon then you are probably headed in the right direction. However, if it is going to be 3 sleds frequently then I would not go shorter than a 22'. My 7x23 NEO weighs in around 2,000 lbs so adding a little extra length doesn't add that much weight when you are talking aluminum.

oktaneho

My friend has a 7x23 and we put 4 sleds in it last season on three different trips so I think a 19' trailer would work but probably not a 17'.

That trailer is a 7x18 + 4' V so it's a 22' interior length.

The next sled I buy will probably be a Renegade so plan for that.

samc

We purchased a 7x23' (box 23 ft) and put 2 144s, 1 136s and a 121 in ours. Don't get me wrong it's tight but they do fit. We laid out masking tape on the driveway (of the trailer box - different sizes) before purchasing the trailer to make sure everything would fit.

fireman

I was doing the same thing this time last year. After looking around and asking lots of questions I found a trailer that I liked but maybe the trailer that works for everyone. I ended up with a Aluma trailer because of the five year warranty that comes with it.