Trempealeau County

renegade

Northern Trempealeau county trails have opened this morning. This is defined as Independence, Whitehall, Pigeon Falls and North. The trail between Elk Creek and Strum and Pigeon Falls to York are closed for the time being till marking around corn can be completed.

WorkHardPlayHrd

Eau Claire is open as well except for the Fall Creek to Augusta trail that wasn't open last year either. Could be anywhere from fair to very good.

WorkHardPlayHrd

Spoke to three different groups of sledders at gas station last night. All said same thing all trails hard, flat, and fast. Beautiful. Northern Trempeauleau county, all of Eau Claire, and Clark county forest. Few wet spots, but they are freezing up fast. All of Eau Claire was groomed last night or the night before.

WorkHardPlayHrd

Black River Falls was down to ice and bare ground in open areas, snow in the woods yet before they got snowfall. With what they received things should shape up pretty well. Husband took kids out on Eau Claire and Northern Trempeauleau county trails on Sunday right after it quite snowing and said they were beautiful.

old abe

Black River Falls was down to ice and bare ground in open areas, snow in the woods yet before they got snowfall. With what they received things should shape up pretty well. Husband took kids out on Eau Claire and Northern Trempeauleau county trails on Sunday right after it quite snowing and said they were beautiful.

Keep us posted please? And here up until a short while back I thought you were a guy, and husband! I sure blew that one, eh? I appreciate all the info you provided us last year. All good stuff. Keep doing as you are, and you can't go wrong! You now remind me of my wife, and she's a good one!

whitehorse

In my opinion, don't bother with Jackson County...not enough snow unless you like riding on gravel. We went towards Pray today and turned around, went north into Clark County ....great trails up by Rock Dam and north. I would say...Hatfield north is good...south of Hatfield pretty iffy.

renegade

We rode northern Tremp county tuesday night and they were nice. Sharp corners were down to ice and some gravel, but all in all nice. Groomers have been out including are new to us pisten bully. Nice machine! It was a trade in from Gogebic area. If we can get some more snow early next week they will only get better.

Snirtdawg

Rode Wednesday out of Black River Falls, did a loop up through Hatfield, down to Hixton, Taylor and Melrose and back up to BRF. 160 miles, everything was good other than a little thin near Melrose. Thursday, quick ride (120 miles)up through Hatfield, over to Neillsville, Granton, Pray and back to BRF. Great conditions, not sure where you were riding on gravel, never saw any. I'd go back tomorrow, that good!

whitehorse

Well, we had a group of 6 riders, all agreed that the trail from Hatfield to Pray was not worth riding (Wednesday) and it was freshly groomed...I talked to another group who came from that way and they had the same evaluation of those trails and were going back a different way, lots of gravel and rocks, thin snow. As always, it's everyone's personal opinion to what is good bad and ugly, etc. Better trails in Clark County...in our groups opinion. I hope we get more snow this next week to make all the trails better!

whitehorse

The section we were on was not plowed....maybe we didn't get on the same trails....the trails we were on were not good...that's our opinion.

Thanks