Triton Tilt Trailer Tongue Tensioner

snowshoe

I have a Triton tilt trailer that has the standard tongue latch. It's a pain in the rear to tilt the trailer using wrenches to remove the nut and bolt. I see they have an advanced tensioner system. Could someone post a picture of that setup? Is it as simple as just buying the kit? Sorry to sound dumb but I couldn't find any good descriptions or pictures online.

Dirty Kitty

I bought my spring tensioner from hannarv. It will also come with a metal " [ " shaped bracket. My Triton trailer is from 1994 and all I needed to replace was the broken spring tensioner. Easy to install. Just ensure your wiring is off to the side so it does not get caught up in the pivit point. One end of the spring is offset and is seated in the hole in the main trailer frame. Use the new bushings and bolt that come with the kit. The other end pushes up underneath the bed of the trailer. I used a long pipe to help force the new spring in place. Just be careful, it can have some resistance. When done, glob some grease on the end of the bolt threads in case you would need to remove in the future. The grease willl help prevent it from rusting.