Triton Trailer Tail Lights

wags

I own a Triton 12ft clam shell style trailer. How do I remove the tail light to change the bulbs? All of the trailer lights are fitted into the trailer and there are no screws to remove them.

Probably a really simple deal but I'm a bit lazy today and figured I would jump on here and ask.

Thanks,
Wags

duramaxdoo

The lights are a sealed unit. Pop the whole light out of rubber grommet and unplug and replace with a new light. Usually a screw driver will help pry them out of the grommet.

ezra

that is correct whole grommet comes out workes better warm replace with the led replacment should be the last time then.I always carry a spair tail light/test light/ wire cutter /black tape/ shrink wrap tubbing/ flat4 conector with 4 foot of wire/ zip ties/ and 4 extra pins to hold ramp or top/ a assembeld hub with lugs/3 feet of wire with alagator clips on each end /few sets of rubber gloves/bunji straps. all in a old back pack zip tied to the back wall of the clam.
with age comes wisdom from lots and lots of mistakes.

wags

Thanks guy's, I removed the unit and checked the wiring and all is good so it must be the bulb. Question, where do I go get a replacement unit, preferably LED?

matman

Farm & Fleet has a great variety including LED's. Plus you can buy a whole bunch of other stuff you don't need.
Remember F&F -if they don't have it you don't need it.

wags

Thanks everyone, It was a snap once I removed the light. I checked out the standard replacement vs the LED and went with the standard. I purchased the standard because I was able to buy 3 for the price of 1 LED so now I have 2 new and one spare.

Again thanks for the input,
Wags

rmk4ever

I've also found out that the led's dont run as hot & will cover over with snow, if traveling thru snow. Makes it real hard to see for the guy coming up behind you. I would only use led's on a enclosed where you you have lot's of surface area, that way you can do the D.O.T. reflective tape at the sides & corner's, just for that reason. Had a guy 3 yrs ago take out my 2 placer with led's on it, claimed he could'nt see it in the slipstream behind me.

xcsp

I've also found out that the led's dont run as hot & will cover over with snow, if traveling thru snow. Makes it real hard to see for the guy coming up behind you. I would only use led's on a enclosed where you you have lot's of surface area, that way you can do the D.O.T. reflective tape at the sides & corner's, just for that reason. Had a guy 3 yrs ago take out my 2 placer with led's on it, claimed he could'nt see it in the slipstream behind me.

Thanks for the post about LED lights as replacements. I had thought about if I ever had to replace the lights on my trailer that LED's would be nice as they are brighter and last a very long time, but the concern of the less heat, and not keeping the snow melted off has changed my mind.

Several new vehicles have LED taillights, noticed they build up with snow, creating a possibly dangerous situation too.