Triton Trailers Sold

Once upon a time (13+ years ago), Triton quality and customer service was EXCELLENT. I owned 3 Triton's prior to 2010, starting in the mid 1990's. At least 2 of them are still being used today (I lost track of the 3rd one). I noticed the decline in general materials with my 2010. And when they refused to hold a dealer responsible for taking a new trailer that was built for me and stripping the new tires and replacing them with 8 year old tires they had laying around, I knew something there had changed. Unfortunately, it took me nearly 2 years to actually notice the tire dating. I still have that '10 and in fact, a couple of weeks ago the axle fell off. Not kidding. Who was at fault? Hard to say. Evidently me for not checking axle mounting bolts. Maybe the service shop who performed annual maintenance checks on the trailer. But more than that, I suspect some sort of a Triton quality issue. I had already decided to never purchase a new Triton ever again, simply because they made me so angry with the entire tire snafu.....but as others have said above, something changed within Triton and not for the better, years ago.

beavers33

In January 2021 sold my 2009 Triton Prestige 147 for 1K less then I paid new. February 2021 ordered a Triton Prestige 247 right before the pricing and delivery dates started jumping. Took delivery of my trailer in October 2021. The end quality on the 2021 is as good as my 2009 was.

It is a shame Triton Trailers was sold, afraid the new owner's will start cutting corners on manufacturing, like others, for example no more 16 inch on center framing on the box, to save on costs.

Glad I got one of the last true "Triton".

Just my opinion.

cobalt_502

I gave up trying to get a Triton, had many, and switched to NEO, a great trailer to say the least! I am glad I picked mine up JUST before the insane pricing surge industry wide.

In January 2021 sold my 2009 Triton Prestige 147 for 1K less then I paid new. February 2021 ordered a Triton Prestige 247 right before the pricing and delivery dates started jumping. Took delivery of my trailer in October 2021. The end quality on the 2021 is as good as my 2009 was.

It is a shame Triton Trailers was sold, afraid the new owner's will start cutting corners on manufacturing, like others, for example no more 16 inch on center framing on the box, to save on costs.

Glad I got one of the last true "Triton".

Just my opinion.
beavers33,

Maybe some of my thoughts about declining quality were due to the fact that I had previously had a Triton Elite (twice) and a Triton Prestige prior to buying my (lowlife....mostly kidding) TC16. I dunno. All that being said, I am having the entire axle assembly replaced with a new one. The frame assembly is being beefed up where it failed. I replaced the brakes in December. The tires are only a year old. Really, about the only major component left is the hitch coupler. The frame appears to be fine. I'll be happy if I get a few more years out of it. One thing's for certain, should I have to replace it, it will NOT be with another Triton now.