Truck Loading Ramps

I put a new flatbed dumper on my truck about a month ago. Used it for a bunch of work and all was well. Went to load up a sled with my old trucked ramps, and wow! That extra height of the flatbed made these set of ramps pretty much straight up!

Whats a safe approach angle for loading? An 8' set would be about 27 degrees. (the old 5' set was 47 degrees)

xcr440

I have an 84” ramp and though it’s still a bit steep in the back of the 1500HD, it’s not bad at all - not sure how much higher your 1-ton may be, but longer is better, especially for a ramp...

Thanks guys, Caliber actually replied late last night. Their ramp is good unto 45" (recommended) height. Truck sits at 44", so they said their 90" ramp would work fine, it should be in the 27 degree area/

ICT Sledder

Considering there's loads of guys running around with lifted HD trucks and sled decks sitting above the top of the bed rails, seems like you should be fine.

Go Fast or Go Home

Check out Black Ice Ramps.

Mine is a tri-fold 96". I also have the small 36" extension that you can attach. Can't remember where I got it---I think it was Discount Ramps.

My truck is a Silverado 2500 HD and sits high. I have no problem loading my 137" Ski Doo Renegade 4 stroke.

Don~