Tuner III Skis on a Sidewinder

wfd123

Recently ordered a 2019 SW LTX-DX from Kip. Everything I read tells me the tuner III Skis are junk. So, do I try the skis with a good set of skegs,shaper bars or berstrom triples and see how it handles or forget about the tuners altogether and buy a set of Curves with some good skegs? Is anyone happy with there tuners on there SW. Will be jumping from a 2010 Vector to this amazing machine. Hate to spend all that money on good carbides for the tuners and they don’t work. Strictly trail ride in northern WI and the UP. LOOKING FOR NO PUSH IN THE CORNERS.

mrbb

I'd see what kind of deal Kip would give you about swapping the turners off before you even get it
NO one any where I have read likes them, your spending this much on a new sled, might as well spend a little more and get ski's that will make the sled all it can be!

I doubt you will find anyone wanting to BUY the take off turners either LOL
which sucks, good ski's should be a no brainer from a OEM these days! and its not like no one has been complaining about the turners for YRS now!

whitedust

Recently ordered a 2019 SW LTX-DX from Kip. Everything I read tells me the tuner III Skis are junk. So, do I try the skis with a good set of skegs,shaper bars or berstrom triples and see how it handles or forget about the tuners altogether and buy a set of Curves with some good skegs? Is anyone happy with there tuners on there SW. Will be jumping from a 2010 Vector to this amazing machine. Hate to spend all that money on good carbides for the tuners and they don’t work. Strictly trail ride in northern WI and the UP. LOOKING FOR NO PUSH IN THE CORNERS.

You need to contact Grub about SW front end, skis and turning. He was totally invested in making the SW turn spent endless money and time on your exact question! I'm not sure where he ended up but you can save a lot of pain and money buy talking to him first. To me SW needed eps and STs after my SW test ride and whole lot of front end tuning to get peak performance.

G

G

I have a 129 RTX. The rear skid is completely different than an LTX. There is actually weight transfer on a RTX. It is easier to set up an LTX because weight transfer doesn't even enter into the equation. You should call Travis at Barn of Parts. He will sell you Curves with the correct carbides. He has an LTX himself so he knows what works. While you are talking to him buy one of his belly pan protecters too. Money well spent. Google BOP.

wfd123

I have purchased parts from BOP and had lengthy conversations with him. Seems to really know his stuff. Sled will not be he until sometime between Oct and Dec, until then I have all summer and fall to mull over this ski dilemma. Thanks

whitedust

Might want to check out the mechanical power steering extension on TY too. Many swear by it for SW. I would probably do that and aggressive snow trackers.