Twin lakes jan 19 and 20

randyrenegade

Here are some picks of this weekend. Reading Johns journal today I felt really bad. We are the ones that took Dave sleddin in twin lakes. John, in all honesty Dave was going to call Friday night but we went for a ride and did not get back til after 9:30 then in the morning he had his family there and they were checking out of Parkview and after eating breakfast and all the hoopla, forgot to call again. It would have been great to have you down there. We actually rode with you last year in your neck of the woods. Here are some pics for everyone.
pic on loggin road:
37784.jpg

loggin road:
37785.jpg

powerlines snowing:
37786.jpg

powerlines snowing:
37787.jpg

Jeff attempting powerturn:{pic}
Jeff still attempting:{pic}
Randy falling on powerturn:
37788.jpg

Randy tipped on side after attempting powerturn:
37789.jpg

close up:
37790.jpg

some powder under the sled:
37791.jpg

Dave stuck on a stump which was after a spectacular climb until then where he was almost to the top:
37792.jpg

Dave resting:
37793.jpg

Jeff tired:
37794.jpg

Randy b4 a jump:
37795.jpg

dave at beginning of jump:
37796.jpg

date at end of jump--he really showed us how to do it right:
37797.jpg

Jeffs pittifull jump attempt LOL:
37798.jpg

S

skylar

We were at the Parkview around midnight or so, and I recognized Dave sitting across the bar with another guy. I was wondering why he was way down there. Guess I know now eh? Great pictures!

john

Ahhh, so you were the guilty one huh Randy?

Well, no problem! I was feeling sorry for myself for a while on Saturday when Dave did not call. Even took him out of my will for a while, but then Al called and I had friends again, so all was forgiven. Dave is not the type to blow me off, so I will let this one slide, but if it happens again, well, let's just say it won't happen again!

Glad you all had fun, the pics look like lots of fun. More snow that we played in up here.

Take care.

-John

randyrenegade

Guilty as charged. We were actually expecting you John, and knew Skylar would be there. Skylar, you should of came over, I would have bought you one. Friday night was intersting. We bought Dave on the 13 loop. Lets just say that 2 1/4" lugs dont fare to well on a flat trail that doesnt have much powder on it. He had to keep diving to the side to lube up the slides. He had the sleddin blues so bad though he wanted to go. Since it was dark we did not want to go off trail, so 58 miles later we made it back. We will be back in the area for riding on Feb 2 and 3rd, arriving most likely 11pm on the 1st. Lets hook up if your available.

kingofmountain

Let me start by apologizing,John. I thought of you friday night,but forgot saturday morning,sorry. It would of been nice to have met you Skylar,maybe next time. Randy, glad to see you and Jeff got back safely. Give me a call when you're coming up next time, maybe(hopefully)there will be more(deeper)snow. I would like to explore Twin Lakes area more,someday. Nice photos Randy,thanks for the invite. Until next time, think snow!