twin lakes to toivola snow in the woods

went up a couple weeks ago snow was fun yet. any reports from the last couple days? still some fun to be had or rock hard and drive your utv on top!

packerlandrider

I've only been out skiing and snowshoeing the past few days, so take this for what it's worth. Still tons of snow out in the woods, especially high elevation areas away from town. Really haven't lost much in the last two weeks. At this point in the year, the snow setup is nearly always related to temps. While I was out the temps have been in the mid-30's and the snow was soft enough that I could see a lot of fun being had in the backcountry. Right now it's 17 degrees with temps not forecasted to be above 25 the entire weekend. My guess is it's rock hard right now.

Take conditions for what they are given the date, things are rarely in mid-winter form at the end of March. But, that doesn't mean there isn't plenty of snow to get out and enjoy the backcountry. The more important question is are you content with the riding you've done this year and can wait until next winter to enjoy some more time in the U.P., or not?

I've only been out skiing and snowshoeing the past few days, so take this for what it's worth. Still tons of snow out in the woods, especially high elevation areas away from town. Really haven't lost much in the last two weeks. At this point in the year, the snow setup is nearly always related to temps. While I was out the temps have been in the mid-30's and the snow was soft enough that I could see a lot of fun being had in the backcountry. Right now it's 17 degrees with temps not forecasted to be above 25 the entire weekend. My guess is it's rock hard right now.

Take conditions for what they are given the date, things are rarely in mid-winter form at the end of March. But, that doesn't mean there isn't plenty of snow to get out and enjoy the backcountry. The more important question is are you content with the riding you've done this year and can wait until next winter to enjoy some more time in the U.P., or not?
Thanks for the report. Thats exactly the info I was lookin for. It just helps us plan our ride. As in do we park nearby our favorite off trail spot or just park as soon as we see a ridable trail and maybee do more trail riding. Wife and I went today. Had a blast! Thanks again