Twin to Houghton

Kmrobb

Put on 70 miles today between Twin Lakes and Houghton. Best riding was north side of the West loop to Superior. Met multiple groomers, all doing a great job (Thanks gentleman)

Biggest snow was just north of Toiliva. Pictures included.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20151219_202824.jpg
    ForumRunner_20151219_202824.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 699

rich_jelinek

Put on 70 miles today between Twin Lakes and Houghton. Best riding was north side of the West loop to Superior. Met multiple groomers, all doing a great job (Thanks gentleman)

Biggest snow was just north of Toiliva. Pictures included.

Did you or are you heading up north of the bridge ( calumet/phoenix/copper harbor ) and if so how is it up there ?

We pretty much gave up on our xmas trip , but from what I've been seeing it looks rideable so we are thinking about heading up there thursday. Question is will the weather hold or is it going to get warm enough to ruin what's there .................?

jasonk3aa

Here in Wakefield (and I would assume most of the area), there is a solid 2" ice base underneath the new snow from the previous rain/snow events. As long as it doesn't rain too much during the warm days, I dont think a few days above freezing will have much effect. This time of year, if its 35 degrees for the daytime high that means 3-4hrs of above freezing and 19-20 hours below. Plus, more snow is in the forecast.

Even here people are riding the trails already and there is probably only 4-5". They look surprisingly good from the road crossings too.

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Superior snowmobile club's groomer just went past Krupp's mini mart on its way to toivola.

rich_jelinek

Thanks for the replies guys, I think we will plan on heading up there. The only really scary day is weds, maybe thurs, supposed to get warm with a chance of snow/rain mix, but that's accuweather which is always a question as far as accuracy it seems. We're not expecting the greatest, as long as we can do some riding without tearing up any equipment, and the wife can get her new sled broken in we'll be happy.

- - - Updated - - -

Superior snowmobile club's groomer just went past Krupp's mini mart on its way to toivola.

So I assume you're up there right now ?

Groomers grooming is always a good sign !

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for the replies guys, I think we will plan on heading up there. The only really scary day is weds, maybe thurs, supposed to get warm with a chance of snow/rain mix, but that's accuweather which is always a question as far as accuracy it seems. We're not expecting the greatest, as long as we can do some riding without tearing up any equipment, and the wife can get her new sled broken in we'll be happy.

- - - Updated - - -

So I assume you're up there right now ?

Groomers grooming is always a good sign !

I was, left up there around 9 this morning.

Not really into the groomer thing. Could you post some strudel pics?

Nope, ate em. :D