UP for New Years

larboc

Yea, just north of hancock. I just checked the weather.gov forecast and we are under a lake effect snow advisory starting tomorrow night. Forecasting 12+ inches by sunday.

sledneck

Yea, just north of hancock. I just checked the weather.gov forecast and we are under a lake effect snow advisory starting tomorrow night. Forecasting 12+ inches by sunday.

the question is, is it going to be cold enough for the snow forcasted to stay though?

larboc

the question is, is it going to be cold enough for the snow forcasted to stay though?

It's not supposed to get above freezing till next week, and the sun never shines in the winter so I doubt it will do much damage if it keeps getting cold at night. Sustained 40's though and it will all go away quick though.

larboc

It's somewhat rideable now. We got 6-8" on top of the icy stuff last night by me, I'm sure more down in painesdale area. Not deep or great conditions by any stretch of the imagination but you could go down the snowmobile trail without hitting dirt. I'm planning on riding as soon as I get home from work. Still snowing.

ryanslyne

Well glad I only pushed my New Years trip back a week...looks like I could have went either way. Oh well I will ride after this storm and still plan on being in the UP next week Jan 6th! Keep on snowing and stay cold!!