UP is getting pounded!

goofy600

8-12” on the ground in the Cisco chain area, with weather channel saying another 5-8” possible Saturday. Hopefully our club can get out before the first and pan and pack trails so they can setup for a few days. Still a long way away from opener but looking good for the start so far.

skiroule

Looks like this is starting out to be one crazy winter. Seems like it's snowing everywhere and especially in the LES areas. Even over here in MN I'll be blowing the driveway for the second time tomorrow. I agree - bring it on!

whitedust

Idk about trail prep with WI deer hunting starting Saturday. May not be an issue if not on private land. Usually most grooming waits it out

goofy600

How are the lakes freezing up?
Right now Cisco chain is freezing slow, we haven’t had the deep cold to really get it going. My back bay and other bay areas are iced over but big lakes not close yet. Next couple days some colder temps may help but then mid 30’s by midweek will slow it down again. All this snow sitting on top of swamps is not going to be a good thing.

old abe

Sounds and looks as a great beginning for sure! I've been gone from the site awhile. You folks will have to enjoy it yourselves, as I won't be able to this year due to multiple health issues. That bad luck in its self should bring abundant snow here at home, and up your way!

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sounds and looks as a great beginning for sure! I've been gone from the site awhile. You folks will have to enjoy it yourselves, as I won't be able to this year due to multiple health issues. That bad luck in its self should bring abundant snow here at home, and up your way!
Welcome back, Abe. We've been wondering... Here's to better health for the future and a Happy Thanksgiving!

pclark

Ditto, hope you get through your health issues and enjoy the Holidays!

snobuilder

Hi Old Abe.

old abe

Welcome back, Abe. We've been wondering... Here's to better health for the future and a Happy Thanksgiving!
Thanks Gary, and pclark! I should not be alive from what 3 of my surgeons told me! I was totally bed ridden for 3 plus months. Starting with severe lower back pain, due to a lower spinal infection, and abscess. Witch in turn infected the Mitral valve in my heart. Then the Mitral valve leaflets flaked off causing me to have a stroke. Extended hospital stay in OSF Peoria, IL ensued. 10 weeks of continuous IV, and infusions. I lost 40 lbs, and I'm now trying to get back my weight and strength so as to be able to have the heart surgery, and a successful recovery. I thank the Lord that the valve is not real critical will allow me time to regain my strength.