Upcoming Camping Season - New Campfire Product

blutooth

I've been spending time getting all of my reservations in place for the summer (I know a little late for some campgrounds), and it reminded me I should bring all of the campers/fire pit people's attention. My buddy and fellow John Dee'r, Zaskar, has a product he invented/formulated.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/embed/MpecT-geAgY

http://www.colorfulfire.com/

So far this year, I have booked:

Potawotami State Park in Door County
Big Eau Pleine Park in Marathon County
McLain State Park in Hancock
Yellowstone State Park by Mt. Horeb
And one more to be determined in September...

Not to forget the backcountry boondocking trip planned for Colorado in October to find an elk or two!

frnash

Interesting. I distinctly remember a similar product from 60+ years ago, a cylindrical can of some crystalline product to be sprinkled on the fire, producing a similarly colorful effect.

blutooth

It is very much like tossing copper a fire, except it lasts longer and has a lot more colors. Just trying to help him get the word out. Zaskar has been busy at weekend shows and making product since January so we haven't seen him a lot around here.

rp7x- Check your PM...

krupps_resort

blutooth-I notice that McClain State Park is on your list but didn 't say when. If you want to see some absolutely beautiful scenery, come to the Western UP the last week in Sept or first week in Oct (altho since your going out west in Oct-1st week in October won't work for you. Every year is different-might be alot of color already in 3rd week of Sept. Porcupine Mts (Lake of the Clouds) all the way to Copper Harbor (Brockway Mtn.)

blutooth

We did the Porkies last year the week before labor day - it was too early and we did McLain a couple years ago the same weekend we are going now (August 1st). I do love it up there in fall, unfortunately things get too busy it seems every fall to get up there just right for the leaves changing colors. We did get up there once for trail cleanup. It was a little early still but here was a picture from Adventure Mine showing the possibilities... Awesome up there!