Update 1-15-24 (Oneida/Lincoln County)

attakman

Unfortunately...nothing good to report...the storms from last week missed us....between the 3 systems last week we received 4 to 5 total inches..(more to the south and east, less to the north and west).....NOT ENOUGH TO OPEN TRAILS....very, very thin out there.. Just enough snow that the clubs have been out rolling and panning trails.....and our members are out packing swamps as we speak....the swamps have been a mess...we need to get the sleds in them and pack stuff down, so they freeze up tight... The cold weather is helping to freeze things up (-10 this morning in Nokomis)...but lakes are still not safe as of today....we hope we can mark some of them by the end of the week...but we'll see.......ice conditions vary across the Northwoods.

AND....after our cold snap this week...we warm back into the 30's next week....with RAIN in the forecast......Sooooo...At this point we remain in a holding pattern.....and trails are NOT OPEN (and probably won't open until we get more snow)....very thin out there.... Our goofy winter from hell continues....I wish I had better news for you...but I don't...I will update this when lakes are marked, and or the trails officially open.