Vacationing - Jeeping/Boating

polarisxcsp

Looking for suggestions on places/cabins to rent in the month of August. We will be bringing the Jeeps up to do a little 2 trackin and also the boat. We would like to stay in Curtis on the Big Manistique but open to suggestions.

indybru

Looking for suggestions on places/cabins to rent in the month of August. We will be bringing the Jeeps up to do a little 2 trackin and also the boat. We would like to stay in Curtis on the Big Manistique but open to suggestions.

If your asking about 4x4 trails all I can offer is I have done two Jeep Jamboree's on Drummond Island. My son and I had a blast. They had 2 areas with some very hairy terrain and had big jeeps to pull you out. I think one was reffered to the clay pits.

I have been to Colorado several times and it's fantastic. One trail takes you over Taylor Pass, Cressted Butte to Aspen.

Dave_B

Here is a link from the MITrale website that may provide you with some info. MITrale covers the Western and has sent up a great trail system for ATV's. You might want to do some research on off roading with Jeeps. Tons of forest roads but, don't know about actual "trails"

Polarice may be able to help you, as well. He spends a lot of time in that area.

Good luck and, have fun.

http://mi-trale.org/atv-orv/links/

dafalls

There are some great areas North of Newberry for the jeep two tracks and dirt county roads. Always take ours over to Grand Marais via two track/dirt county roads.

polarisxcsp

Awesome, thanks for the tips. We just booked this place in Curtis on the Big Manistique for early August.

Attachments

• 00808_9mbF7s1AXFG_600x450.jpg
    00808_9mbF7s1AXFG_600x450.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 00H0H_buV2UpMNqL8_600x450.jpg
    00H0H_buV2UpMNqL8_600x450.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 12