Vector or Rage ?

saber1

looking at purchasing an 05 Rage or 06 Vector anything i really need to check as far as mechanical or recalls. any Pros and cons thanks

dwz

Rage has longer track which makes for a better ride/balance with the 4 stroke motor.

whitedust

As said the 06 mono is the better skid the 05 is totally a sit in 2 shock skid sled and 06 was a little better but still sit in. Your are always better with Yamaha longer tracks for ride comfort so look for an 06 Rage if possible. Vector moved on to the Apex chassis maybe 08 or so & that is a much better used sled in LTX version. 05s Vectors/Rages don't sell too well so far behind in tech. A vector LTX with eps & fuel injection is prolly the best riding sled that Japan produced.

saber1

thanks for the info i didn't think they made a 06 rage have not checked into it.Its going to be my 16yr sons sled so his body can take a few bumps also was looking at a 05 Warrior with the 136 track i am assuming same suspension as the o5 rage. i do like the 136 on all my Yamaha's they do hook up better, will see have a litle time to decide.So far i have found all three of these sleds within a couple hrs from here so anywhere from $2600 for a 06 vector 8000miles on it a 05 rage 7000miles for $3100 and 05 warrior for $3000 all in good to fair condition

whitedust

My bud had an 06 Blue Rage & luved the sled with RA mono but carbs were pita.....05 warrior was the best of the 05 RX1 mono chassis I assume it has the RA adjustment too I know the 05 RX1 did. I came pretty darn close to buying 05 RX1 then in 06 Apex and Attak evolved & I bought 07 attak with EC as non current in 08. Warrior a whole lot of hp for a 16 year old but up to you. 121 track back then was a poor match for 4s hp either Apex or Vector. I would go for the warrior if in good shape. You have to remember the RX1 and Apex got all the new tech then it trickled down to Vector & Rage years later. Warrior maybe fuel injected vs carbs check it out.

saber1

i thought the same thing on the warrior, too many horses for a 16yr old it will be his third sled but it does worry me il take your advice on that one so i will probably look for a 06 Rage i hate carbs as well but if you fill it with some sea foam and start it up every once in a while in off season should be good.

lotoftoys

Have a 08 vector for sale with carbs. Never an issue. I start the sled every couple weeks through summer and have never had a problem.I would think inj is the way to go though. These are start em and ride sleds. Very dependable.

whitedust

i thought the same thing on the warrior, too many horses for a 16yr old it will be his third sled but it does worry me il take your advice on that one so i will probably look for a 06 Rage i hate carbs as well but if you fill it with some sea foam and start it up every once in a while in off season should be good.

Carbs were a problem for us with seafoam prolly crap gas.... injection was aok. Best thing to do would be to have a gas shutoff valve & run carbs dry in off season.

saber1

Yea i checked it out nice sled looks like you take care of your stuff would consider it but looking to spend around $3000

groomerdriver

found a 2003 RX! with M10 suspension 9100 miles for $2500 .
good deal?

A great source of info on all Yamaha's is the Totallyyamaha.com forum. Boatloads of info on the RX1 there. Biggest issue with those vintage RX1's seems to be oil usage as well as rear suspension cracks.

I did send you a PM about my 05 Vector.

saber1

pu the RX! for my boy he is happy got a great deal on it and will do some upgrades to it together good Father son bonding time thanks for all the replies IMG_1414.JPG

saber1

yea it was well taken care of , one of the reasons i got it. The rages and vectors i looked at had over 8000 miles on them and had some noticeable wear and tear that i would have to Address and closer to $3000 .this has 6900 miles and i got it for $2400 plus its turn key ready to ride .

sweeperguy

I had to do a double take looking at the picture. Thought the sled was in your kitchen. I was jealous. Wish my wife would let me put my sled in the kitchen. Must confess though, I'm lucky she kinda likes the smell of 2 stroke running. So when I fire it up in garage its no big deal.

whitedust

yea it was well taken care of , one of the reasons i got it. The rages and vectors i looked at had over 8000 miles on them and had some noticeable wear and tear that i would have to Address and closer to $3000 .this has 6900 miles and i got it for $2400 plus its turn key ready to ride .

Good deal ,looks clean, should be lots of fun for your son. Enjoy:)