Vehicle registration fee increase michigan

rsvectordude

VEHICLE REGISTRATION FEE INCREASE
HB 5897, was introduced by Rep. Cushingberry (D-Wayne), to increase vehicle registration fees. Co-sponsors of this legislation include Rep. Byrnes (D-Washtenaw), Rep Miller (D-Macomb), Rep Lemmons (D- Wayne) and Rep. Gonzales (D-Genesee). Vehicles with a purchase price of $6,000 or under will not see registration fee increases. For more expensive vehicles, the rate will increase 90% over a five-year period.

harvest1121

What does the D stand for after everyones name? I see that a lot in Michigan. Maybe its for Dumb. Great increase taxes when no one has any money. Maybe they should just tax all the new cars made there while they are at it.

rsvectordude

I just thought a 90% increase over 5 years is pretty steep....I'll be paying over $300 for registration for my truck by then....

dan wilson

I pay $180.00 a year on my f250 now!,that would be 18% year
first year $219.51
second year $267.70
third year $326.46
fourth year $398.12
filth year $485.51

it is time for the peaple to take back our country! all these jerks need to go,we are going to be taxed into poverty!I have worked my tail off my whole life,we are paying 50% in taxes now,property,income,bla,bla,bla!they all need to go,vote them all out,sent a message,get rid of all there silver cups,peaple have come to there witts end!!!!they are stopping us from living a simple life with a couple of toys and a home,I don't know what my daughter and grand kids are going to do! it is plane b.s,so think about it!vote them all out,dems and republicans,they are greedy s.o.b's,we need to get this spending under control and cut the dam goverment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

polarisrider1

Shouldn't a boat registration be like $12 for 3 yrs.? Mine is $168 for 3 yrs. what a rip off. Must be bigger boats wear the water out faster than smaller boats. plus 2 trucks and 3 cars (kids) totaled up to Just shy of $1000. Happy Birthday to me. More like, "Hey it's your birthday send us your Money everytime you have one." (renewal time).

polarisrider1

Shouldn't a boat registration be like $12 for 3 yrs.? Mine is $168 for 3 yrs. what a rip off. Must be bigger boats wear the water out faster than smaller boats. plus 2 trucks and 3 cars (kids) totaled up to Just shy of $1000. Happy Birthday to me. More like, "Hey it's your birthday send us your Money everytime you have one." (renewal time).

Stickers came yesterday. Tons of fun installing them today. wohoo!