Very bad news from hancock

miaferominka

A Hancock man is dead after a snowmobiling accident early Friday morning.

According to the Hancock City Police, 45-year-old Robert Kiviniemi was driving his snowmobile down Tomasi Drive.

When he came to the intersection of Portage Drive, Kiviniemi apparently missed the corner, became airborne, hit a sign and was thrown from the machine.

He was taken to Portage Health where he died from his injuries.

Police continue to investigate the cause of the crash, but early indications lead them to suspect speed and alcohol may have contributed.

NytroFIB

Not Good and technically the season has not started yet!...prayers and thoughts out to this guy's family...

snowbuff

Not already. Man, this will get the snowmobiler bashing, from the press, started early.

Prayers to his family.

Is this in Hancock, WI or Hancock, MI? God, I hope not Wisconsin!! Don't want one anywhere, but we cannot be setting death records each year.

Not Good and technically the season has not started yet!...prayers and thoughts out to this guy's family...

Not that it matters because this is a horrible tragedy, both for the man & his family plus the bad press it will bring our sport, but I think technically it did start 11 days ago.

Please correct me if i'm wrong................

thunderstruck88

I am very sorry for his family and God bless them at a time like this. Please when your out on a snowmobile DON"T DRINK until after you get back from your ride Be alot more safe for all of us out there Take care all of you and I will say a prayer for this man and his family