very suprized

bart

I am suprized John made not mention of the weather in his journal. How fast it melted and how early it melted. Also the zero snow in March at all is unheard of. I have never seen the lakes open this early in my life, lots of weird stuff this year no one is talking about...Was hoping for a last ride that never came. I bet the mosquitos will be out early this year too.

harvest1121

I think he may of been busy this year and with the addition of a daughter that takes up a lot more time. I think everyone was depressed about the snow but he did the right thing to go to Florida and enjoy the warm weather. My dad just left with my lawn aerator and just said how March was just terrible. Thank you El nino Well maybe better luck next year for us to ride and John to feel better and ride.

ranman

Here in National City after a year is which we had 75 inches(about 40 is normal),
we had less than 20. Used my snowblower only 2 times. AND we had almost zero precip from the middle of Feb thru the end of March. I did more ice fishing then I have in years.

matti

Yes, it was quite the spring. The lakes in my area opened up 2-3 weeks before normal, and the trees started to bud maybe a month before normal. Amazing.

megan600

I think we've all been talking about it...more so complaining about it all winter long, guess it almost seems pointess to do a recap. We all know how bad it was for most of us, and our late season riding that didn't happen. Till Next Year!

ezra

around the TC metro best snow in 10yrs lake minnetonka was ice free last week only about 1 wk early.but no snow at the cabin in N MN and DA UP was ok at best the few times I made it up this yr

sledder59

I have two brothers that have 300 acres of bush on Manitoulin Island,ON in the top of Lake Huron, and we go to the hunt camp, and stay a couple nights for a sled trip every year late Feb/early Mar. This year in the more than 10 years we've been going, is the first that we could drive the truck and trailers right to the camp. Usually the trucks have to be left on the road, and all the gear/grub/generator/beer must be shuttled in on sleds. On the other hand, where I live in NW Ohio, we got more snow here than normal, resulting in more miles on the Cat.

squat

Funny story: We were in Berglad March 10th to the 14th. My friend was in Datona Beach for Bike week. I called him on the 13th and told him I just saw 2 Harleys up there. We sledded in jeans and shirts that day. They said it got up to 64 and he said the high there was 51. Now thats nutz.

sledder59

squat, see you're from alpena. we hear your radio stations from the west end of manitoulin. have often thought about throwing the boat in at alpena, 60 miles to Manitoulin. would save us at least 7 hrs of driving,and no customs.