Vilas 1/9 ride

pclark

Left Manitowish Waters at 10am, took 6 North to PI, just perfect! 6 East over to Bents for Lunch, again everything was perfect, met a few sleds, Bents started to fill up at Noon, talked to a couple of guys from Lake Gogebic, said the trails on the way down were awesome as well, Cisco Chain was good as well. Left Bents and went 6 south to Star Lake, crossed Plum Lake, marked and in great shape, Into Sayner on 6S, smooth! Was going to stop at Sayner Pub but it's closed on Mondays, no big deal. We headed north on 15 up to Boulder, again awesome trails, into BJ and north up to Gooches for a soda, 30-40 sleds at Gooches, it was packed at 3pm. Left Gooches and headed back to MW through Dairymens across Boulder Lake and onto #2 west to MW. I would rate most trails a 9 with some being 8 and some 10. Enjoyed the ride with Jerry and Dan, fellow JD'ers, thanks to all the clubs for 120 miles of awesome trails today!
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2ee7.jpeg UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2ee0.jpeg

Attachments

• UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2ee3.jpeg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2ee3.jpeg
    34.8 KB · Views: 32

indy_500

Can’t wait to hit that area in 10 Days! Praying for a little fresh snow even if it’s just a couple inches. Hoping for no sloppy weather next week.

Last edited:

goofy600

Nice ride yes trails are looking good, drive down to Rhinelander yesterday and all trails looked very rideable. Things will start getting busy by end end the week into weekend but so far all good.

pclark

We are due for a little fresh snow, not sure when that will come but 3-4" would be great. Trails are in really good shape right now and there is still snow to pull in from the sides yet.

SHOOT2KILL

How bad were the local roads this morning ?....511-Wi showed the whole state with slippery/icy in spots...Some were rated as ice covered when I looked at 3a.m. this morning...Sooo I decided to wait for hopefully better road conditions wed a.m.

Hoosier

We're supposed to head up on the 20th. The current forecast has me nervous. We're flexible on where we end up but it's staying warm everywhere it seems.

pclark

How bad were the local roads this morning ?....511-Wi showed the whole state with slippery/icy in spots...Some were rated as ice covered when I looked at 3a.m. this morning...Sooo I decided to wait for hopefully better road conditions wed a.m.
Roads were fine here in NW Vilas, I think a little farther south they were pretty icy.