Vilas Co WI closing trails March 8th, 11:59pm

jotunheim

Yes, and Oneida County is closing tomorrow morning, March 9th, at 8am. Only got on the sled twice this year.. :(

Cirrus

Last Monday after the 7", it was 15 deg and near perfect conditions. By Friday, I couldn't believe people were still riding - mud and snirt on 15N, along M - water everywhere.

whitedust

Unfortunately I don’t see the Northwoods opening again until December too much water it would take the next coming of the ice age to turn things around now!

ridindirty800

Unfortunately I don’t see the Northwoods opening again until December too much water it would take the next coming of the ice age to turn things around now!

I have never seen a far Northern county close and re open like we do down in the south. I could be wrong, but can't remember Iron,Vilas or Oneida doing that.

whitedust

I have never seen a far Northern county close and re open like we do down in the south. I could be wrong, but can't remember Iron,Vilas or Oneida doing that.

Follow the money anything is possible if there’s money to be made. In this case it would take a second ice age to freeze up all the open water then the blizzard of the century to have snow to groom and all that would need to be happening now to have time to consider a reopening of the Northwoods. Just an awful season coming to an end. Could it get cold in April and snow a bunch ? You bet happened many times while I lived in Phelps just pull out xcountry skis and get a sunburn. Lol

Cirrus

Today it's just mud and dirt from Boulder to Presque Isle. Water everywhere and 59 degree's. 0.5-1.25" of rain tomorrow, and 47...we'll see flooding. Our lake is opening up already, and slush on top.
There's virtually zero chance any trails will reopen until Dec. 2021.