Vilas County 3/8

pclark

Things still look pretty good up here and the ice storm warning saved us I think. Quarter inch of ice on top of the snow saved it from melting and then anywhere from 2-4" depending on where you are was bonus. I will be riding on Wednesday this week so I'll report back but if you want another weekend I would say this might be a good one. Be advised that everyone will be up here because it's where they come as we have the snow. As you might know I am in Manitowish Waters and ride that area so I can't really comment on Eagle River or Land O Lakes, etc. Gas is $4.19 for regular and $4.69 for Premium at Dietz's in MW as we speak.

Wednesday through Saturday highs in teens, lows around zero so trails should be able to be groomed and set up nicely. No new snow in the forecast and next week it is calling for 40 degree temps so this could be it.

starlaker

pclark, thanks so much for the update, this put a big smile on my husbands face, He was sure after last weekends weather we were done. Looks like one more ride before we have to call it quits. Probably heading up Saturday early afternoon after work. Stupid jobs get in the way of all the fun otherwise would head up right now and beat the traffic. Thanks again.

pclark

pclark, thanks so much for the update, this put a big smile on my husbands face, He was sure after last weekends weather we were done. Looks like one more ride before we have to call it quits. Probably heading up Saturday early afternoon after work. Stupid jobs get in the way of all the fun otherwise would head up right now and beat the traffic. Thanks again.
No Worries, at least you only have a 2-1/2 maybe 3 hour ride to get here. We used to be 4-1/2 hours door to door and that was hauling.

Was able to move up full time last year and it might not be for everyone but we love it.

starlaker

Some day, Star Lake will be home, we totally get why you love it up there. For now we will keep working until we can do the same as you did, and we will have to be satisfied with brief visits for our up north fix. Have a great rest of your week. Thanks again.

pclark

Some day, Star Lake will be home, we totally get why you love it up there. For now we will keep working until we can do the same as you did, and we will have to be satisfied with brief visits for our up north fix. Have a great rest of your week. Thanks again.
You have the plan and that is what counts, work hard and you will get here full time and love it. The people up here are the best.

pclark

Are you on the Star Lake north of Sayner? I only ask because there are several up here, if so that is a nice area, with Plum Lake Golf Course and that old Lodge named Hintzs on Star.

starlaker

Are you on the Star Lake north of Sayner? I only ask because there are several up here, if so that is a nice area, with Plum Lake Golf Course and that old Lodge named Hintzs on Star.
Yes we are our property is in the lake laura woodland subdivision right off of cty K between Sayner and Conover. You are so right about the people up this way they are so awesome, Had a cabin there as well but sold it a few years back, Never regret buying it and don't regret selling it. Before we had the cabin we used to take the tackle box up north when we went, once we bought the cabin we had to take the toolbox instead. With only one day a week off and 150 miles of driving both ways the weekends were pretty short. Still have the lot next to where the cabin is and will eventually build on it once we can spend more time there. Didn't spend alot of time at hintz, Stillwaters was more our speed. Have a great weekend Pclark. heading up after work tomorrow for one last ride.

pclark

Yes we are our property is in the lake laura woodland subdivision right off of cty K between Sayner and Conover. You are so right about the people up this way they are so awesome, Had a cabin there as well but sold it a few years back, Never regret buying it and don't regret selling it. Before we had the cabin we used to take the tackle box up north when we went, once we bought the cabin we had to take the toolbox instead. With only one day a week off and 150 miles of driving both ways the weekends were pretty short. Still have the lot next to where the cabin is and will eventually build on it once we can spend more time there. Didn't spend alot of time at hintz, Stillwaters was more our speed. Have a great weekend Pclark. heading up after work tomorrow for one last ride.
You guys should be good through the weekend if you stay in Vilas. I am going for a ride tomorrow morning and from what I saw on my trip down to Rhinelander today (by car) anything south of Minocqua could be a little thin where the sun hits.

Going to be in 40's next week so this could be it for this year but snow totals have been pretty epic. Have a nice weekend as well.

You guys should be good through the weekend if you stay in Vilas. I am going for a ride tomorrow morning and from what I saw on my trip down to Rhinelander today (by car) anything south of Minocqua could be a little thin where the sun hits.

Going to be in 40's next week so this could be it for this year but snow totals have been pretty epic. Have a nice weekend as well.
Base this weekend probably mercer will check it out once we get there and figure which way sounds good, but most likely head north out of there.

Base this weekend probably mercer will check it out once we get there and figure which way sounds good, but most likely head north out of there.
Clark, thanks to your feedback we are so glad we headed up Saturday after work didn't get to ride Saturday night but had a good time watching all the other riders coming and going and then the snow, got up early Sunday and hit the freshly groomed trails covered with fresh snow, what an awesome day of riding got a quick sweet 95 miles on before we had to head home, if we could've we would've stayed today and rode one more day, kinda sad to see the season end but happy with the season we had, guess it's time to park the sleds and get the camper and boat ready for the summer season. Thanks again for the info and keeping us all updated on the riding in your area.

pclark

You are welcome Starlaker, I'm glad you were able to get that last nice ride in for the season. I may try one more today as I think it's probably the last good day for the trails in and around towns. I may ride the woods a little bit later this week as well but I am afraid this could be it. It was a great season.