Vilas County

IOWASLEDDER

Have reservations in Presque Isle starting Wednesday night 2/26.....450 mile drive for us.....should we stay or should we go? Not looking for perfect conditions...just wanna get away and ride snowmobiles.....Not riding Michigan just Wisconsin....any feedback from this area from riders? Thanks so much!!

Havent seen trailheads around presque isle since friday early a.m. but came through there and stayed on gogebic and have been all over bergland whitepine masscity kenton sidnaw hancock houghton twin lakes expected way worse conditions , with the warm weather and im impressed how trails have held up.......ridem if you gottem....400 ish miles in the truck too get here to ride for 2 days

- - - Updated - - -

Guess i left out trails looked good from the truck on my way through after staying in minoqua thursday night

RHFD547

Damn near 50 today and sunny, followed by high 30's tomorrow with partial sunshine, I know what I would do.

ryanslyne

Contemplating this myself weather looks to cool back off I am sure groomers will get out and get everything flat and smooth but I am guessing they are going to be icy. We are supposed to leave Thursday 27 and come home Sunday March1. Contemplating....

RS

IOWASLEDDER

Contemplating this myself weather looks to cool back off I am sure groomers will get out and get everything flat and smooth but I am guessing they are going to be icy. We are supposed to leave Thursday 27 and come home Sunday March1. Contemplating....

RS
We just pulled the trigger and we are gonna go. I’ve talked to some people up in Vilas with feet on the ground and they all said the woods trails are fine (and these are actual friends whom I trust 100%). They are grooming. Road route trails and intersections are burnt but that’s to be expected. Both of them said this could POSSIBLY be it after this weekend.

600_RMK_144

Have reservations in Presque Isle starting Wednesday night 2/26.....450 mile drive for us.....should we stay or should we go? Not looking for perfect conditions...just wanna get away and ride snowmobiles.....Not riding Michigan just Wisconsin....any feedback from this area from riders? Thanks so much!!

Black Hills is getting pounded right now. Foot+ of new powder expected in the next couple of days on top of what they've already got. Seriously considering a second run out there this weekend.

IOWASLEDDER

Black Hills is getting pounded right now. Foot+ of new powder expected in the next couple of days on top of what they've already got. Seriously considering a second run out there this weekend.
Man I wish I could do that but we are trail riders over here in the 319.......I will post reports as I’m heading up Wednesday morning now and riding by myself until my group gets up Thursday night....plus I’m on a rental this year for the first time ever as I sold everything in October after 30 years of ownership.....

600_RMK_144

man i wish i could do that but we are trail riders over here in the 319.......i will post reports as i’m heading up wednesday morning now and riding by myself until my group gets up thursday night....plus i’m on a rental this year for the first time ever as i sold everything in october after 30 years of ownership.....

enjoy!!!!

crsled

That poor rental sled! I will be up staying in Watersmeet on Saturday and Sunday. I will shoot you a text to see if you are around. I have a WI pass but not sure if the other two guys I will be with do or not.

nhra1000

We just pulled the trigger and we are gonna go. I’ve talked to some people up in Vilas with feet on the ground and they all said the woods trails are fine (and these are actual friends whom I trust 100%). They are grooming. Road route trails and intersections are burnt but that’s to be expected. Both of them said this could POSSIBLY be it after this weekend.

Id say this is pretty accurate....around town gonna be tough.....in the woods it is fine....Im near there and drive thru PI every day.

ryanslyne

Our group is coming either way, sounds like woods are good to go stay away from towns and road routes and you will be happy. I fully expect to run through my carbides and will definitely be using my scratchers but I imagine it can't be much worse than my early December rides or late March rides of past years.

IOWASLEDDER just a heads up Black Hills also has a great trail system and rental sleds available. I went a couple years ago with my wife who does not off trail ride and we had a blast. If you consider going in the future check out Trailshead Lodge south of Lead SD. They have rentals, lodging, gas, food, etc and are right on the trail. They also have great updates on Facebook weekly.

I am guessing the best riding to be had this weekend will be Black Hills, too bad I am not up for the 12 hour drive one way for that this weekend. I will settle for Vilas County and ride up to Michigan.

RS

IOWASLEDDER

That poor rental sled! I will be up staying in Watersmeet on Saturday and Sunday. I will shoot you a text to see if you are around. I have a WI pass but not sure if the other two guys I will be with do or not.
LOL!!! Sounds good buddy. We’re coming back Sunday

- - - Updated - - -

Our group is coming either way, sounds like woods are good to go stay away from towns and road routes and you will be happy. I fully expect to run through my carbides and will definitely be using my scratchers but I imagine it can't be much worse than my early December rides or late March rides of past years.

IOWASLEDDER just a heads up Black Hills also has a great trail system and rental sleds available. I went a couple years ago with my wife who does not off trail ride and we had a blast. If you consider going in the future check out Trailshead Lodge south of Lead SD. They have rentals, lodging, gas, food, etc and are right on the trail. They also have great updates on Facebook weekly.

I am guessing the best riding to be had this weekend will be Black Hills, too bad I am not up for the 12 hour drive one way for that this weekend. I will settle for Vilas County and ride up to Michigan.

RS
i will keep that in mind! Thank you for the info!

600_RMK_144

Just pulled the trigger on The Black Hills. Leaving tomorrow. It's going to be crazy busy with the dump they just got + a bit more tonight / tomorrow. Get out and ride while you still can!!!!!!!!

IOWASLEDDER

I’m up here right now. About 2 maybe 3 inches of fluff but there is snow dust behind sleds. Glad I came! Come on up and ride! Woods trails are darn good.

ryanslyne

We were glad that we went as well. Rode Thursday to Saturday night. Overall trails were in pretty good shape. Towns were getting rough and road routes were toast. Overall though it was a good couple days of riding. Not sure how long it will hold up now with warm weather however.

RS