Vintage Alphabet-Play Along

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Looking at some vintage magazines recently and it got me thinking, I bet we could complete the alphabet with all the makes and models over the years. So, here goes. Only one per post please.

Arctic Cat.

Now we need a "B" from somebody.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think Skiroule would be upset if we didn't mention Chaparral here. And I had to look up Chrysler snow machines, sure enough, and thus the purpose of our little exercise here.

For "D" I'll offer the Bolens Diablo.

sweeperguy

Eskimo 1969-1973. 69-71 manufactured in Montreal Canada, quit production in early 71. In October '71 the Gilbertson family of Vinland Wi. between Oshkosh and Neenah. Bought the Eskimo snowmobile company and built a manufacturing facility on County Trunk A south of Neenah.

Last edited:

sweeperguy

Too obvious for P.
I'd of went with Polar Bear 1972-1977
Or Poloron
Poloron was pretty much a military defense contractor, with earnings of around 20 million dollars in 1969. They expanded into Mobile Homes, and Motor Homes as their military sales were declining. They had acquired a division in 1967 that built snow plows, snowblowers and lawn tractors. It was that division that phased into building snowmobiles from 1969 through 1972.

Last edited:

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Q ???? Not even Google could find a snowmobile brand name beginning with Q. Maybe something in Europe but for the U.S. and Canada, don't think so. I was thinking X was going to give us problems, didn't think of Q.

How about a Mulligan? Anyone got an R?