Voltage Regulator 2006 Polaris 600

mnystrom

Late trip up nort last feb noticed handwarmers, electrical dash, and head light wasn’t working properly. I’ve seen another post on this and was wondering if anyone has had to replace the voltage regulator. It’s located on tunnel below brake and lots of stuff to remove. I’m not sure why Polaris puts a critical electrical component buried so deep in the sled!

Hoosier

Late trip up nort last feb noticed handwarmers, electrical dash, and head light wasn’t working properly. I’ve seen another post on this and was wondering if anyone has had to replace the voltage regulator. It’s located on tunnel below brake and lots of stuff to remove. I’m not sure why Polaris puts a critical electrical component buried so deep in the sled!

On the 06 Fusions 600's at least, the replacement unit comes with instructions to mount it on the belt cover. You don't even need to remove the original - just unplug it. I'm on my 3rd one...

mnystrom

On the 06 Fusions 600's at least, the replacement unit comes with instructions to mount it on the belt cover. You don't even need to remove the original - just unplug it. I'm on my 3rd one...

Thnx for the reply! Once exhaust is removed plug is easy to get to. Is Polaris proud of this part?

Hoosier

Thnx for the reply! Once exhaust is removed plug is easy to get to. Is Polaris proud of this part?

Should have been a recall - common issue on those sleds. I don't think the original was capable of running the electronics on the sled. The 2nd time I had to replace it wasn't because of the part - it's because I blew a belt that knocked the belt cover loose and pulled the wires out of the clip on it.

Be careful when running the relay that you keep a little slack in it and also to keep the wiring away from the exhaust. Seems obvious when I say that but I had issues with that too. My engine blew because of a faulty carb boot and I had a Polaris dealership rebuild it. They didn't run the wiring far enough from the exhaust and I had trouble when one of the clips melted together...

fastmod62

Polaris part #2203794 $195.93 on partspitstop.com comes with an updated regulator and a wiring harness, I've installed 2 of them and I mount them to the plastic above the shock on the left side with no problems, you can run the harness across the bar above the Y pipe.