Volunteered last weekend for local snowmobile club, good times!

Sledhead!

Drove up to the UP to give the Gogebic Range Trail guys a hand. (Steve, Dan, Jerry and Greg (I know there were a few others at the barn that morning) We helped put a few posts and signs up and a lot of brushing! It was cool to see the trails mostly bare without snow. I also realize how much work is done every season to get the trails in shape for all of us. I know season is almost here but I highly recommend doing some volunteering and of course joining a club or two where you ride. They do of course get some funds from the State but a lot is from volunteers, donations and free labor!

We had a great day and met some great people who make these clubs function and they really do try their best to give us the best, safest trails they can. Hats off to this club and all clubs as they all pretty much operate with the same constraints and issues.

If you haven't done this yet, give it a whirl, you'll enjoy it and meet some great people in the process!

D

Deleted member 10829

Thanks for doing that! It is rewarding and clubs need all the help they can get.

racerx

That is how we spent our last Saturday and it is nice that we live up here now as we did not need to plan to be here this weekend, we just showed up and pitched it. I did make the mistake of walking a hilly part of the trail by myself at the end of the day instead of taking the ATV off the truck and learned my lesson as I was whipped after that. Good times!

Sledhead!

It doesn't take much to get me up North, love it up there. Fun, rewarding work and totally gets you "in the mood" for sled season to start. Now that John has his Winter forecasts going, dreaming of the white gold has begun and my sled is all ready to rip!

sshooterz

Took my son and my riding buddy for a weekend getaway to help out our club a few weekends ago. About a 4 hour ride and well worth it. Son had a blast putting up signs and buddy got to wield a chainsaw on some questionable trees. Two nights of campfires before heading home. We weren’t there 48 hrs but it felt like a week. Can’t wait to do it again next year.