Walworth County

T

Team Elkhorn

Walworth into Waukesha County

Last edited:

snoluver1

Thanks for sharing. Never ridden this area before. Looks fantastic! Where would a good place to drop be, coming from the south. Are those forested pics the Kettle Moraine? I have Thursday off and would like to hit it before it gets trashed this weekend. Thanks!

snoluver1

Thanks for the info. Do you know if its groomed like that all the way down to Twin Lakes/Genoa City? Also, how far by trail from rt 12 park n ride at state line to Kettle? Looking at a Walworth map, would I want to take coridor 9 north to 40 and shoot west or to 10 west and cut through Elkhorn to club trail 12 north? Thanks again!

Last edited:

redbarn420

i live in genoa city, yes there are 4 groomers, and yes they have been running them. The park & ride is the easiest, with the least amount of DNR hassles. Trail goes right to bar across the street of the park and ride, so no ditch banging or DNR crap. They love the railroad grades, around here, so remember the speed at night, they will be watching. Just south of the genoa and you are back in illinois, no speed limit at night. The trails are pretty wooped out now, lots of drifting, still good for around here though. Lots of snow with lots of riding left, along as the weather holds. Its nice to see we dont have to travel so far to get some riding in.

tommyboy

Dave (Team Elkhorn),

Thanks for sharing the pics!

We rode out of Abels Corners last Saturday and had a great time, trails weren't too bad even tho the temps were a bit warm (28 to 30). Managed 95 miles and got sleep in my own bed that night. Sweeeettt!!!

Enjoyed hot dogs & chili right on the trail in Dousman in support of the local groomers. Really nice, friendly folks and the chili was home made and very tasty. Great experience.

We ride through Kettle Moraine occasionally, and I agree that it's beautiful. Maybe not as wonderfully hilly as the Northwoods, but for us poor flatlanders it ain't bad!

tom

I had to take the season off and these pictures are making me want to ride so badly! Those trails look awesome. I think I will make one of them my screen wallpaper and stare at it all year.

tommyboy

Team Elkhorn,

You inspired me to post a few others from your area. I feel the same about the galleries as I check them quite often to see what I'm missing.

These are from late last month riding out of Abel's Corners for a day. The last pic may be a tribute to an old "Cat". We found nothing but the flap and a baseball cap mounted on the rock overlooking the view from the previous picture. Someone had a sense of humor about it, but the view was great.

Attachments

• DSC01254.jpg
    DSC01254.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC01258.jpg
    DSC01258.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 83
  • DSC01259.jpg
    DSC01259.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 92
  • DSC01262.jpg
    DSC01262.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC01267.jpg
    DSC01267.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 89

upnorthman

Looks Awesome!!!!

I live right off the Drumlin Trail in Dousman and when I ride I go out through Dousman and Sulivan then go north...I never went south!!! Oh Man did I blow it!!!!..I have lived here 15 years and just joined a local club to help with trails and grooming. Otherwise all my time and money has been going north, but this year I have a 12 year old boy who was certified this year so I decided to join down here also and get involved. Let me say this when the snow is here and the weather is cold most of Waukeha County looks this good. I love the exposure this site gives other areas throughout our sport. I now know first hand how much work goes into making the trails look as good as you saw that day and encurage anybody ridding please join a club and help out because we need your help..(and money). This doesn't happen by alot of people, unfortunately alot is done by alittle. Sorry if I got preachy!!! Anyway..Lets hope for a great finish to the season and a safe one. Stay to the right and happy sledding!!!!!..

tommyboy

Dave,

You're right, it is a small world. The "little tree" was at our first stop of the day, and as a standing joke for more than 20 years, we like to start by saying with a completely straight face, "You know right past that stand of pines trees....." as if that would describe only one location. Gotta love it.

Upnorthman,

Understand about going up north. Riding in southern Wisconsin is definitely different from the northwoods but we enjoy it when the opportunity presents itself. As you say, Be safe out there!

Here's a couple of more shots from Walworth County. Sorry one of them is a repeat and I'm not savvy enough to figure out how to remove it.

tom

Attachments

• DSC01258.jpg
    DSC01258.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC01261.jpg
    DSC01261.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC02271.jpg
    DSC02271.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC01535.jpg