Was This A Fair Purchase ?

superski

I just bought a 2003 Polaris 500 XCSP Edge X with electric start, reverse, M-10 ACE, 1 1/4 track, and it has 3,030 miles. It's in nice shape but needs a good cleaning, new battery, and the cover on the rear shock of the M-10 is worn badly. I got it for $2000 and was wondering if that was a fair price to pay because I bought it on a spure of the moment thing - the seller needed to move it because of money issues and it seemed like a good price. I'm also wondering if the cover on the rear shock is necessary because I've never had one on any other rear shock, but then I've never had an M10 before.

snowsdog1

Fair price?

As long as your happy with it is all that matters. I would think thats a fair price, as I see them going at the auction for around $2k

Last year I bought a 2003 XCSP600, electric start, reverse, no m10 with 1.25 ripsaw 1300 miles for $800, just lucky to be the first one to see the for sale ad on this one.

I

edmarino

I have an M10 suspention system on my sleds an do not have a cover on the shock. I see no purpose for it either other then for looks.

mtb1115

I bought in January a 2003 600 Classic: 2700 miles, extremely clean / maintained with new carbides and hyfax, PERC, electric start, M10, full gallon of oil and cover for $3500

superski

A friend was telling me that the standard M-10 did not come with a cover on the shock but the ACE version did. I still wonder why it would come that way, but can't see why it would have to have a cover - wouldn't think it would make a difference but ?
Snowsdog1, man I wish I could find a deal like you did. Every once in a while ya hear of someone picking a sled up for really cheap like that, it just never seems to happen to me. The sled I bought the guy wanted $3000 for. I already have 3 sleds and really didn't need a fourth but thought it might be nice to have a spare around for when my kids visit so I offered him $2000 and he took it. Seemed like a good price at the time, was thinking I could always sell it of part it out if it doesn't get used

indy_500

Yes, it was a decent price. I got my 05 xc sp 500 with 2200 miles for $2300. I'm not a fan of the m-10, but if you're not fat like me you should be fine!

bearrassler

It sounds like a good price if it cleans up nice. I have an 02 500 XCSP Edge X and it has been a great sled. I have done almost nothing to it in 9000 miles. I have the low lug track, standard suspension, no reverse, and no electric start though, so there is less to go wrong on it. The 500 has been a great motor for me.

mezz

Considering what you got, I think it was a very fair price. You should have no problems turning it over for the same if not a little more (at the right time of yr) if you find it's not getting used enough to warrant keeping it.-Mezz