Watersmeet area

goofy600

Groomers have been out a handful of times trails are in pretty good shape considering it is still early season base is pretty good with just a few thin spots in heavy covered areas. With pending storm and holiday coming grooming will be limited and if storm hits expect trees to be down and it may take groomers a few days to get everything cleaned back up. We have some areas that are notorious for trees coming down so if you are going to be out after the holidays and storm please be careful and watch out for stuff on the trails.

Last edited:

goofy600

Been out in the groomer twice so far this season, but finally got to take my first rip on the sled and can say the trail seem like it’s mid January already. Now granted it was almost all railroad grade but dam they are flat and fast. Oh ya and cold -4 right now. Have a merry Christmas and hope to see everyone up here soon.

dfattack

Been out in the groomer twice so far this season, but finally got to take my first rip on the sled and can say the trail seem like it’s mid January already. Now granted it was almost all railroad grade but dam they are flat and fast. Oh ya and cold -4 right now. Have a merry Christmas and hope to see everyone up here soon.
Can't wait to get up into your neck of the woods and get some riding in.

legend02

whitedust

Groomers have been out a handful of times trails are in pretty good shape considering it is still early season base is pretty good with just a few thin spots in heavy covered areas. With pending storm and holiday coming grooming will be limited and if storm hits expect trees to be down and it may take groomers a few days to get everything cleaned back up. We have some areas that are notorious for trees coming down so if you are going to be out after the holidays and storm please be careful and watch out for stuff on the trails.
How we doing with stones in the groomed snow on trail 2 grade?

goofy600

How we doing with stones in the groomed snow on trail 2 grade?
For the most part pretty good, only real spot is the typical one between hwy45 and where trail 3 turns north off grade always a lower snow area and there is a lot of tree cover that keeps snow from getting to the trail. Also not sure about 2 west between town and trail 13, haven’t been on that area yet but talking with my drivers west is in really good shape for this early.

goofy600

Want to mention one more thing for now through mid January there will be crews working on a pipeline west of trail 13 between trail 2 and old hwy 2. They will have to cross our trail 13 with there equipment during this time on occasion but will have sign and flangers when they do. It should not disrupt our trails at all more than a few minutes at a time, just wanted to put this out there so if anyone is on trail 13 that there may be people and equipment in that area.

whitedust

I rode Tr#2 between Hurley and Marinesco on monday...Flat... Fast and No Stones...
Sorry I guess I should have been more specific. I’m concerned about stones East on 2 between Watersmeet and IR? West is always pretty good towards more Les areas.

goofy600

Sorry I guess I should have been more specific. I’m concerned about stones East on 2 between Watersmeet and IR? West is always pretty good towards more Les areas.
So as my earlier post stated a few spots for now but not as bad as some years, hopefully it will continue to get better as season goes on just wish people could figure out how to not always ride down the middle, it would help the rock problem tremendously.

goofy600

What a difference a day can make no grooming happen on Thursday the 40 degree day but it softened it up the a good groom on Friday and this morning they were fantastic, 120 mile breakfast and another stop by 12:30 left at 8:00am

just_ride

I didn't hear any stones on 2 East as we headed out this morning 01/04 at 830am....but you know trails change
Clubs doing a great job!
Braaaap.....

Attachments

• IMG_2904-1.jpg
    IMG_2904-1.jpg
    669.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_2905-1.jpg
    IMG_2905-1.jpg
    711.2 KB · Views: 34

goofy600

I didn't hear any stones on 2 East as we headed out this morning 01/04 at 830am....but you know trails change
Clubs doing a great job!
Braaaap.....
Uh, I can actually take credit for the trails in them pictures, just got off them about an hour ago and trail 2 east out of Watersmeet right now is probably the best it’s been in a long time. Snow and temperatures have them setting up nice hopefully things continue like this.

just_ride

Uh, I can actually take credit for the trails in them pictures, just got off them about an hour ago and trail 2 east out of Watersmeet right now is probably the best it’s been in a long time. Snow and temperatures have them setting up nice hopefully things continue like this.
Great work Goofy....I concur with T2... we were first tracks on T3 North off T2 and trails were flat and fast.... we appreciate the hard work!

Attachments

• IMG_2920-1.PNG
    IMG_2920-1.PNG
    332 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_2919-1.PNG
    IMG_2919-1.PNG
    331.1 KB · Views: 27

goofy600

Great work Goofy....I concur with T2... we were first tracks on T3 North off T2 and trails were flat and fast.... we appreciate the hard work!
Thank you, we have a great group. Not only our drivers but also our whole board really cares and wants to try to make a impact on our community. Right now things are pretty good just hope weather continues to be in our favor, the warm up actually was the best thing that could have happened and a couple wet system snows. Now getting light snow good for lube and colder temps.

marty700

Thank you for all the hard work. I'm up with a group this weekend and we were trying to decide whether to venture up the UP or ride exclusively in Wisconsin. That report and the photos convinces me its time to "Go North!". Know that your hard work DOES have an impact as people will ride nice trails instead of bad ones and will turn around when things get too rough.

goofy600

Got our groomers back out after 2 day off because of the weather so hopefully I will get some good reports from my drivers tomorrow. I do know Marenisco groomer has been down for a few days so we helped and finished the grade into Marenisco from our normal turnaround so at least the grade is being worked and sounds like GRTA club going to help also.

goofy600

Talked to one of my drivers this morning and he rated the trails at 6.5-7 overall. Couple rough spots but overall not bad. He was on trail 3 from lando to where we meet Snowvalley club to the north. He also said a really hard ice base is under everything and couldn’t really cut much because so hard be the 6” of fresh stuff should help.