Watersmeet conditions

Coming up Sunday with some guys and we are going to ride the week mostly in the LES areas. Is it possible to start in Watersmeet and head north or should we start closer on the west side like Bergland?
We are riding Copper Harbor, Big Bay, Munising, Grand Marais, Paradise. Just would like to start lower in the UP. Haven’t been able to get the best reports but did see they had groomed some around Watersmeet.

mrsrunningbear

We had guests here at the resort all weekend and still here now. All riding from the resort, yes there are patchy bad areas lacking snow, spots with rocks mixed and really good sections. Conditions aren't the best but totally rideable. Watersmeet will be grooming again before the weekend. Worst spots heading north would be right out of town heading east on 2 and there is a section of 3 north that needs snow but you can get around them

tsg

Somewhat dated, but this may help. Last week started in Land O Lakes WI, and headed up to and around Watersmeet. Very rideable. Low snow cover, but flat, some gravel, some small rocks, but not too bad. 850 Ski Doo never registered higher then about 118 temp wise. Headed west on 2, and then rode around Gogebic and down in Wisconsin. Was it great, no, would I do it again, absolutely! I DID NOT RIDE 3 North, heard that was ok, much like the other trails I described. Obviously the more you head west and then north, the more snow you are in and the better things get. Started in Bruce Crossing 2 weeks ago, and that is slightly better, so your call if you drop in Watersmeet or head slightly further north. Good luck.

Thanks for the updates, I think we will start out of Watersmeet and head north from there. We have done it the last few seasons so I think it will be fine. Hopefully we get more snow before Sunday!

goofy600

I can tell you for a fact that 2 west is rideable and the farther west there is more snow. There are a few thin spots and some rocks popping up but overall not bad. Yes we need more snow but is rideable and not to bad.

SledTL

Anyone ride over towards Boulder junction and presque isle? Hoping they get a few inches this weekend. Seems rideable in the area at least.....

goofy600

Anyone ride over towards Boulder junction and presque isle? Hoping they get a few inches this weekend. Seems rideable in the area at least.....

Very rideable in PI, have been there a few times, Boulder Junction should be ok probably snirty but they have groomed enough where it should be flat but I haven’t been that way in a couple weeks. Any snow will help but you should be ok especially PI west and north.

just_ride

from PI, I wouldn't ride anything West/South of C6 ,T 14 intersection.....north of there is fair, and will take you to better trails...just my 2 cents....have no info on BJ

- - - Updated - - -

from PI, I wouldn't ride anything West/South of C6 ,T 14 intersection.....north of there is fair, and will take you to better trails...just my 2 cents....have no info on BJ
LES only hitting the Banana Belts over the last couple days.....hitting them well