WATERSMEET THUNDER RIDERS

Has anyone besides me noticed how great Watersmeet has been grooming lately? I have been their biggest critic over the last 5 years and I have noticed a great improvement over the last 3 weeks!!!! Seems as if they are grooming almost everyday and they have been grinding out the bumps...GOOD JOB! Of course there can always be more snow, but they have been doing a good job with what they have. Starting and ending in Lando all the time, that has been a pleasant development!!!!!! thanks guys!!!

goofy600

Has anyone besides me noticed how great Watersmeet has been grooming lately? I have been their biggest critic over the last 5 years and I have noticed a great improvement over the last 3 weeks!!!! Seems as if they are grooming almost everyday and they have been grinding out the bumps...GOOD JOB! Of course there can always be more snow, but they have been doing a good job with what they have. Starting and ending in Lando all the time, that has been a pleasant development!!!!!! thanks guys!!!
We are out grooming daily 2 groomers now that we have the snow. We have a good group of drivers and have had some new blood getting involved over the last couple years. We are still working on some ways to improve but we are trying. As others have posted our trail boss won’t really start until we get 10-12” to start then it’s game on. Glad you are enjoying your rides

just_ride

x2 much improved....club is doing a great job! came down the 3 late in the day yesterday, Friday....flat and fast! Great way to finish the day
Much appreciated

legend02

We are out grooming daily 2 groomers now that we have the snow. We have a good group of drivers and have had some new blood getting involved over the last couple years. We are still working on some ways to improve but we are trying. As others have posted our trail boss won’t really start until we get 10-12” to start then it’s game on. Glad you are enjoying your rides
Jim seems like you are making a difference in the club and grooming

Jim seems like you are making a difference in the club and grooming
Came back down Gogebic yesterday and hit Watersmeet trail W2 ..... it was groomed all the way to Watersmeet! Then the groomer had run down 3 to Land O' Lakes and that was good, could be ground out a little better, but another pleasant surprise during weekend riding----THANKS GUYS!

goofy600

Came back down Gogebic yesterday and hit Watersmeet trail W2 ..... it was groomed all the way to Watersmeet! Then the groomer had run down 3 to Land O' Lakes and that was good, could be ground out a little better, but another pleasant surprise during weekend riding----THANKS GUYS!
We just don’t have enough snow to cut much deeper without getting down to the rocks. And the amount of traffic has been crazy especially on the section of trail 2 where 13 overlap, 13 down to Cisco lake and trail 3 from lando until where 3 splits off of 2 going east. Hopefully this new stuff we just got helps fill in the low spots. We will keep trying to make them the best we can. Glad you had a good ride.

Longlegs

Agree, watersmeet was all good when we were there last week. Sure appreciated it after riding near lake gogebic, whew it was rough.

goofy600

Just got back from grooming and overall not to bad, same spots on rail grade are thin but nothing we can do about that. West is really good once you get west of 13, but I had at least 100 sleds pass me today (Tuesday) so a lot of traffic.